Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need a nvidia graphic card under 100 euro

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 11, 2013 5:42:08 AM

i want to upgrade from nvidia 9400gt to a new GPu
specs are
AMD athlonII x2 240 2.8Ghz
4Gb Ram
gigabyte m61pme-s2p
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 5:53:43 AM

get a gtx 650 ti 1gb version.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 5:57:39 AM

Either a 2GB 650 or a 1 GB 650ti
m
0
l
Related resources
July 11, 2013 5:59:00 AM

Well 100eu is about 130 US dollars. I would recommend the NVIDIA GeForce 550ti. I have the card being sold and it is a very solid card. I haven't ran into a problem with it no matter what I have used with it.

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/ENGTX550-Ti-DI-1GD5-Graphics/dp/B...

Its a little over your budget coming in at $138.12. ~106.11eu.

Hope that helps,

Chris
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 6:00:49 AM

you wont need a 2gb version of a low-medium end card. just get the gtx 650ti, it is far better than hd 7770 and gtx 650
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 6:03:48 AM

Carl Angelo De Leon said:
you wont need a 2gb version of a low-medium end card. just get the gtx 650ti, it is far better than hd 7770 and gtx 650


I think personally the 550ti would be perfect. The 650ti is way over the budget, I don't know how much the budget would compromise.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 6:05:07 AM

It's probably worth checking the PSU before doing that. The GTX650 Ti consumes far more energy than the 9400GT. It's also not available below €100 anyway. The GTX650 fits the price and available wattage. It is quite a bit slower though.
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 6:07:17 AM

sam_p_lay said:
It's probably worth checking the PSU before doing that. The GTX650 Ti consumes far more energy than the 9400GT. It's also not available below €100 anyway. The GTX650 fits the price and available wattage. It is quite a bit slower though.


Yeah, I know the 550ti recommends a 400-500w psu. When I was shopping for a GPU I looked at both the 550ti and 650 and I noticed that the 500ti was much more a solid card.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 6:14:44 AM

Purely interms of performance it's not a bad recommendation, though the GTX650 does have a small performance lead (it was initially averaging 5% slower than the GTX550 Ti but Kepler driver optimisation has put GTX650 in the lead by ~5%). Problem is power consumption. The GTX550 Ti has a TDP of 116 watts - actually more than the GTX650 Ti! The GTX650 is rated at 65 watts, so exceptionally energy-efficient (as you'd expect from the Kepler architecture vs Fermi).
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 6:23:59 AM

sam_p_lay said:
Purely interms of performance it's not a bad recommendation, though the GTX650 does have a small performance lead (it was initially averaging 5% slower than the GTX550 Ti but Kepler driver optimisation has put GTX650 in the lead by ~5%). Problem is power consumption. The GTX550 Ti has a TDP of 116 watts - actually more than the GTX650 Ti! The GTX650 is rated at 65 watts, so exceptionally energy-efficient (as you'd expect from the Kepler architecture vs Fermi).


They must have made improvements with the 650 because when I was shopping I asked around with a comparison of the two and it looked like the 550ti came up on top.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 6:30:01 AM

Like I say, driver improvements have benefited it. Also, there's a lot of crap floating around online that is just wrong. hwcompare.com for example. They compare specs that have no bearing on actual real-world performance. In their defence, they have a disclaimer admitting that, but nobody ever notices it or pays any attention. And like I say, at one time the GTX550 Ti was indeed slightly faster, which is why up-to-date information is important. 5% either way isn't gonna be noticeable anyway - it's more a question of power consumption. Assuming the PSU can power the Ti models (and it probably can), it would be well worth stretching the budget to the GTX650 Ti (35-40% faster on average).
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 6:35:39 AM

agree to that, a gtx 650ti would be the best option. lower power consumption and newer architecture
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 6:42:52 AM

chris674 said:
sam_p_lay said:
It's probably worth checking the PSU before doing that. The GTX650 Ti consumes far more energy than the 9400GT. It's also not available below €100 anyway. The GTX650 fits the price and available wattage. It is quite a bit slower though.


Yeah, I know the 550ti recommends a 400-500w psu. When I was shopping for a GPU I looked at both the 550ti and 650 and I noticed that the 500ti was much more a solid card.


wrong.

500 watts is enough for a GTX 780 !!!!

the 650ti needs no more than 350-400 watts


m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 6:44:32 AM

Actually he's probably just going off what's on the box. So yeah it's not correct but it's understandable he'd think that.
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 7:04:01 AM

thanks for your reply

how will be the gt650.because gt650 ti is about 130 euro.i can increase my budget max to 110 euro
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 7:22:35 AM

Grab the GTX650 then. It'll be a good upgrade.
m
0
l
July 11, 2013 7:23:07 AM

Muqtadir Mohammed said:
thanks for your reply

how will be the gt650.because gt650 ti is about 130 euro.i can increase my budget max to 110 euro


Where do you live in Europe ?

The GT650 Ti is 100 euro , the Boost version is 130 euro

m
0
l
July 11, 2013 7:27:52 AM

sam_p_lay said:
Grab the GTX650 then. It'll be a good upgrade.


he is mistaken , the 650ti is 100 euro in EU.
m
0
l

Best solution

July 11, 2013 8:23:05 AM

Muqtadir Mohammed said:
actually my brother live in netherlands.so i will tell him to bring

http://www.dixons.nl/computers/componenten/videokaarten...


Is a good card :) 

I was looking at this

http://www.4launch.nl/shop/get/p-4-productid-129738

but Asus is better
Share
!