I5 3470 heat increase question.

hardrock152

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
Hello everybody,

About three months back I finished building my first pc alone (Was an awesome experience and the thing runs awesome) and my success came in no small part to the great community here at tom's, so I figure it only appropriate to come to you guys with my first concern.

Ever since I built the pc I have monitored the cpu and gpu temperatures avidly (using open hardware monitor). It is a primarily a gaming pc (the specs are at the bottom of the message) and the temperatures of both the cpu and gpu have been very low. For 2 months now my cpu temperature has been at about 30 degrees celsius idle and under full load may hit about 42 celsius (even as we entered summer here and the temperature increased I jumped as high as 44 degrees celsius).

The Question:
Over the past week these temperatures have rapidly grown despite the outdoor temperature not really being raised at all, I have recently seen as high as 52 degrees celsius under load and my idle temperature around boot and past has been around 38 to 40 degrees celsius. Should I be concerned at all, any idea what these temperature increases could be due to.

Thanks in advance everyone!

My Build:
I5-3470
HiS Radeon 7770
MSI z77A-G41
Corsair Builder Cx500 watt power supply
Kingston Hyperx Blu (2 X 4GB)

hardrock152

Honorable
Feb 19, 2013
O certainly, I'm sorry I should have said. Yes I am using the stock heatsink (though I am upgrading to the evo 212 this week) and I am not sure the thermal compound make, it is whatever came on the stock heatsink.