Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Dell Optiplex GX620 graphics card upgrade

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 11, 2013 8:43:25 PM

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 desktop and I don't know what my power supply is but I want an AMD Radeon HD 6670. Will it work on my Dell?
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2013 10:52:02 PM

Yes in terms of power supply, however you need skinny, single bracket card, you have mini tower correct?
m
0
l
July 12, 2013 9:09:47 AM

Kisianik said:
Yes in terms of power supply, however you need skinny, single bracket card, you have mini tower correct?


I'm honestly not sure, how can I check? Also I decided to get the HD 6570 instead of the 6670
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 12, 2013 10:14:45 AM

Burntree said:
Kisianik said:
Yes in terms of power supply, however you need skinny, single bracket card, you have mini tower correct?


I'm honestly not sure, how can I check? Also I decided to get the HD 6570 instead of the 6670


Why 6570? 6670 is stronger and better, you can actually bite the bullet and jump to 7750, stronger not recommended due to your CPU limitations.

About the case, left to right: 1. Mini Tower (MT), 2. Desktop (DT), 3. Small Form Factor (SFF) Which one is yours?

m
0
l
July 12, 2013 12:41:00 PM

Why 6570? 6670 is stronger and better, you can actually bite the bullet and jump to 7750, stronger not recommended due to your CPU limitations.

About the case, left to right: 1. Mini Tower (MT), 2. Desktop (DT), 3. Small Form Factor (SFF) Which one is yours?

[/quotemsg]

I have the mini tower, and someone told me that the difference between 6450 and 6570 is greater than the 6670 and since they're all around $10 apart it'd be more worth it to get the 6570, you still support getting the 6670?

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 12, 2013 1:49:30 PM

I will support 7750 first if you can afford near 100 or a bit less, then 6670, and then all other crap.
Considering you crappy processor, with 7750 you would know that what ever is not performing well, it is not video card to blame. Your maximum processor upgrade is Pentium D 960, which is the thing of long past.
So this is my opinion, now choose model number and I will look for particular one, you need special fit - there are not so many choices outthere, only 2 models of 7750 in USA!
m
0
l
July 12, 2013 4:00:00 PM

Kisianik said:
I will support 7750 first if you can afford near 100 or a bit less, then 6670, and then all other crap.
Considering you crappy processor, with 7750 you would know that what ever is not performing well, it is not video card to blame. Your maximum processor upgrade is Pentium D 960, which is the thing of long past.
So this is my opinion, now choose model number and I will look for particular one, you need special fit - there are not so many choices outthere, only 2 models of 7750 in USA!


I want the 6570, I'm kind of on a tight budget and I'm not running crazy games just minecraft. And I kind of want a new processor too, is an intel core 2 duo decent?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 13, 2013 10:06:56 AM

Burntree said:
Kisianik said:
I will support 7750 first if you can afford near 100 or a bit less, then 6670, and then all other crap.
Considering you crappy processor, with 7750 you would know that what ever is not performing well, it is not video card to blame. Your maximum processor upgrade is Pentium D 960, which is the thing of long past.
So this is my opinion, now choose model number and I will look for particular one, you need special fit - there are not so many choices outthere, only 2 models of 7750 in USA!


I want the 6570, I'm kind of on a tight budget and I'm not running crazy games just minecraft. And I kind of want a new processor too, is an intel core 2 duo decent?


There are so many of them, so take a look here http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... remember, you can use only single bracket and cards shorter than 7.5 inches.
If you like something, just post a link and I will say yes or no (in this case I will say why not).

CPU upgrade is limited only to Pentium D 960, no Core 2 Duo!
m
0
l
July 13, 2013 10:17:02 AM

Kisianik said:
Burntree said:
Kisianik said:
I will support 7750 first if you can afford near 100 or a bit less, then 6670, and then all other crap.
Considering you crappy processor, with 7750 you would know that what ever is not performing well, it is not video card to blame. Your maximum processor upgrade is Pentium D 960, which is the thing of long past.
So this is my opinion, now choose model number and I will look for particular one, you need special fit - there are not so many choices outthere, only 2 models of 7750 in USA!


I want the 6570, I'm kind of on a tight budget and I'm not running crazy games just minecraft. And I kind of want a new processor too, is an intel core 2 duo decent?


There are so many of them, so take a look here http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E... remember, you can use only single bracket and cards shorter than 7.5 inches.
If you like something, just post a link and I will say yes or no (in this case I will say why not).

CPU upgrade is limited only to Pentium D 960, no Core 2 Duo!


Damn, I can't buy a different processor and install that one? Like an intel core i3 or intel core 2 dup? But either http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 13, 2013 10:31:14 AM

Burntree said:
Kisianik said:
Both cards are about the same, you don't need PSU upgrade - http://www.hwcompare.com/10819/radeon-hd-6570-oem-2gb-v...

Anything else I can help you with?


Nope, that's all. You've helped alot more than anyone else I appreCiate it alot thanks!


I would recommend to get 2GB version, if you can spend a bit more, if not 1GB will be fine.

And you welcome, I am glad that my advice helped you.
m
0
l
!