Solved

HD 7870 vs GTX 760

Hi, I need a advice which one is better bang for buck. 7870 - 170€ and GTX 760 - 240€ Which one would you recommend?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7870 gtx 760
  1. The GTX760. But only you can decide how much money the performance gain is worth. This will tell you what you need to know:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_760/27.html
  2. I calculated the price of 1% and it is 7870 - 2.2.073 and the 760 - 2.400, so I think the 7870 is much better bang, isn't it? Another question, I can play almost every game maxed with 7870 right?
  3. There's maybe half a dozen out now that will need a bit more muscle but most will be fine. Where are you buying from?
  4. The 7870 is better value (and comes with the Never Settle: Reloaded bundle, dont forget that) but the 760 is the stronger performer. Whether the increased cost is worth the increase in performance is up to you.

I used to run a 7870 before upgrading to my current 7970, you can get get high-ish settings at 1080p in intensive games while still getting a stable 45FPS while playing. Obviously you will need to lower the performance killing settings like AA and Post-Processing.
    7870's overclock pretty well too, you can get a fair bit of extra performance from them.
  5. Isn't the bundle sold out now or have they restocked it?
  6. I live in Slovakia and in the shop with games I would pay 30 € more, so no games :(.
  7. Why not order online from Amazon etc?
  8. Best answer
    They might have run out at AMD HQ, but individual retailers might still have stock.
    Damn man, that's unfortunate. Though 30 Euro for three AAA games is still a good deal. You might be able to get them cheaper by buying from people selling off their codes, I bought some games from this guy and can give him a good recommendation.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1675631/wts-wtt-amd-nvidia-promos-planetside-hawken-bioshock-infinite-metro-light-tomb-raider-crysis.html
  9. I am afraid of paying 20 % taxes in our country and customs also which could make the buy more expensive than here.
  10. I thought Amazon serve all countries in Europe? If not, I'd want to avoid import duty also.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx HD Graphics