Fx 6300 or fx 6350???

younes-ea

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Hi there,

I will build a new pc and I can choose between this cpu: the FX 6350 or the FX 6300.
what will be better for me?
I wil not overclock it much (like 300 mhz)

Regards,

Solution
G
younes-ea

"I wil not overclock it much (like 300 mhz)"

With this overclock the 6350 is the better solution.

arrpee
G

Good choice

arrpee

G

younes-ea

"I wil not overclock it much (like 300 mhz)"

With this overclock the 6350 is the better solution.

arrpee

Solution

younes-ea

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
The 6300 and the 6350 are good cpu's but in my country they cost almos the same. I'll buy a 7850 with it so there will not be any bottleneck. Hmmm. So what to choose. They say that the 6350 is an overclock of the 6300 but it comes with a different better heatsink. So if I choos the 6300 and I'll overclock it it will be 4.00 GHz. But if I take the 6350 I'll overclock it to 4.2/4.3 GHz.

I live in the netherlands so it around 15/17 °C

sourodip

Distinguished
@jess- why don't u wait for the hd9xxx series or the gtx760?
some days ago in GD i saw a article about POP' new release and i went to read it thoroughly and after reading i learnt taht it was the coming only for mobiles and tablets, such a disappointment for prince of persia fans.
i think ubisoft is ass *****ing itself.

I'd love to get a GTX 760, but can't convince the wife. Stupidly told her once that there's absolutely no reason to spend more than $200 on any computer part - which is true, but the 760 is actually priced correctly for the performance.

I had considered the Sapphire DualX version back when it was $199 with the Never Settle Reloaded bundle, but that's ended - now it doesn't come with any free games... (I love short, compact cards, and I'm getting the Zotac GTX 660.)

Also, the 660 benches better in almost all the games I own/plan to own, and I want to try out PhysX finally - I have 7 games that support it. And I like FXAA better than MLAA, I want to be able to use Adaptive Vsync, and the GeForce Experience has impressed me, especially with the automatic driver updates. And though I thoroughly love my current card, AMD drivers have given me some trouble lately, since I've been using my TV as a second monitor.

That's a decent little rig - I had a Dell Inspiron 546 with an X2 250 and an HD 5670 for a while and I loved it. Played most games just fine without AA - even Crysis at 30fps on High. Here's a tip: when you do upgrade, remember that your GPU controls the average framerate, and the CPU controls the minimum framerate. (I upgraded to my HD 6870 thinking I'd get some games over 60fps, but was disappointed to find my framerate still dropped just as low in the same parts of my games as before, and my new card was usually only at 60% usage or less because of the CPU bottleneck.)

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

Good luck with that and nVIDIA drivers. Quite possibly the worst drivers for Multi-Monitor support. The GTS 450, in my HTPC, still gives me headaches.

sourodip

Distinguished
well jess u are correct.I agree that nvidia has got the physx stuff which is either supported by your cpu or gpu.But surely it takes advantage in games while heavy fighting, so it's a good choice. And i am also thinking of upgrading my rig,but my father says that he won't buy me one until get admission in a good college next year by getting a good rank in competitive exams. best of luck to you bro....
also i live in a such a country where prices of pc components are too expensive w.r.t US$.
Hey, buy the way today i saw an add of the hd7870 at newegg with a price tag of 169.99$, leave it go with the 660 and taste their GF exp, physx and yes, their driver updates.