Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Witch one is better i5 3230m or i7 3537u?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 12, 2013 7:37:35 AM

im planning to buy a new notebook

i will use is mostly for school but sometimes i wanna play a game like bf3.

so i had 2 laptops in mind with the same specs but 1 is a ultrabook with the i7 3537 u and the other is a normal notebook with the i5 3230m

witch one wil you choose?

More about : witch 3230m 3537u

a b à CPUs
July 12, 2013 8:33:20 AM

Derkje93 said:
im planning to buy a new notebook

i will use is mostly for school but sometimes i wanna play a game like bf3.

so i had 2 laptops in mind with the same specs but 1 is a ultrabook with the i7 3537 u and the other is a normal notebook with the i5 3230m

witch one wil you choose?


Its up to your personal preference.....if you want more cpu power then get the i5 or if you don't mind sacrificing a bit of performance for much better battery life then get the i7.

BTW if you want to play BF3 ten make sure that the laptop has a decent gpu....the hd 4000 is not good enough for bf3...
m
0
l
July 12, 2013 8:46:50 AM

both notebook and ultrabook have a gt 740m

but will you feel the difference of those 2 in a game like bf3?

and how is the cooling of a ultrabook?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
July 12, 2013 9:14:05 AM

Derkje93 said:
both notebook and ultrabook have a gt 740m

but will you feel the difference of those 2 in a game like bf3?

and how is the cooling of a ultrabook?


I don't think there will be a visible difference in games.....maybe 1-2 fps....because the gpu will be the bottleneck in most cases......So I'd say get the ultrabook and enjoy the goodness of long battery life.....

BTW be sure to check some reviews of the ultrabook you're about to buy.....Some ultrabooks with discrete gpus tend to have lots of thermal issues like cpu throttling......It would be better to see a review of the ultrabook you are buying and see whether there are any such issues in it or not....
m
0
l
July 12, 2013 9:23:26 AM

ayushde said:
Derkje93 said:
both notebook and ultrabook have a gt 740m

but will you feel the difference of those 2 in a game like bf3?

and how is the cooling of a ultrabook?


I don't think there will be a visible difference in games.....maybe 1-2 fps....because the gpu will be the bottleneck in most cases......So I'd say get the ultrabook and enjoy the goodness of long battery life.....

BTW be sure to check some reviews of the ultrabook you're about to buy.....Some ultrabooks with discrete gpus tend to have lots of thermal issues like cpu throttling......It would be better to see a review of the ultrabook you are buying and see whether there are any such issues in it or not....


http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/336299/asus-k56cb-xx312h...
This is the ultrabook that i was talking about. Its an asus.
Normally asus is a good brand.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 12, 2013 9:34:36 AM

Derkje93 said:
ayushde said:
Derkje93 said:
both notebook and ultrabook have a gt 740m

but will you feel the difference of those 2 in a game like bf3?

and how is the cooling of a ultrabook?


I don't think there will be a visible difference in games.....maybe 1-2 fps....because the gpu will be the bottleneck in most cases......So I'd say get the ultrabook and enjoy the goodness of long battery life.....

BTW be sure to check some reviews of the ultrabook you're about to buy.....Some ultrabooks with discrete gpus tend to have lots of thermal issues like cpu throttling......It would be better to see a review of the ultrabook you are buying and see whether there are any such issues in it or not....


http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/336299/asus-k56cb-xx312h...
This is the ultrabook that i was talking about. Its an asus.
Normally asus is a good brand.


Yeah the ultrabook looks good to me.....but the only issue is the los resolution screen 768p @ 15 inch is a bit too low. You should get atleast 900p. But if you can live with the low resolution screen then grab the ultrabook.

If my answer helped you then please select them as the best solution......I'd greatly appreciate it.......:p 
m
0
l
July 12, 2013 9:44:57 AM

ayushde said:
Derkje93 said:
ayushde said:
Derkje93 said:
both notebook and ultrabook have a gt 740m

but will you feel the difference of those 2 in a game like bf3?

and how is the cooling of a ultrabook?


I don't think there will be a visible difference in games.....maybe 1-2 fps....because the gpu will be the bottleneck in most cases......So I'd say get the ultrabook and enjoy the goodness of long battery life.....

BTW be sure to check some reviews of the ultrabook you're about to buy.....Some ultrabooks with discrete gpus tend to have lots of thermal issues like cpu throttling......It would be better to see a review of the ultrabook you are buying and see whether there are any such issues in it or not....


http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/336299/asus-k56cb-xx312h...
This is the ultrabook that i was talking about. Its an asus.
Normally asus is a good brand.


Yeah the ultrabook looks good to me.....but the only issue is the los resolution screen 768p @ 15 inch is a bit too low. You should get atleast 900p. But if you can live with the low resolution screen then grab the ultrabook.

If my answer helped you then please select them as the best solution......I'd greatly appreciate it.......:p 


Will cooling be a problem on this ultrabook?
i accept the resulution :) 
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
July 12, 2013 9:48:00 AM

Derkje93 said:
ayushde said:
Derkje93 said:
ayushde said:
Derkje93 said:
both notebook and ultrabook have a gt 740m

but will you feel the difference of those 2 in a game like bf3?

and how is the cooling of a ultrabook?


I don't think there will be a visible difference in games.....maybe 1-2 fps....because the gpu will be the bottleneck in most cases......So I'd say get the ultrabook and enjoy the goodness of long battery life.....

BTW be sure to check some reviews of the ultrabook you're about to buy.....Some ultrabooks with discrete gpus tend to have lots of thermal issues like cpu throttling......It would be better to see a review of the ultrabook you are buying and see whether there are any such issues in it or not....


http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/336299/asus-k56cb-xx312h...
This is the ultrabook that i was talking about. Its an asus.
Normally asus is a good brand.


Yeah the ultrabook looks good to me.....but the only issue is the los resolution screen 768p @ 15 inch is a bit too low. You should get atleast 900p. But if you can live with the low resolution screen then grab the ultrabook.

If my answer helped you then please select them as the best solution......I'd greatly appreciate it.......:p 


Will cooling be a problem on this ultrabook?
i accept the resulution :) 


See I cant say that for sure.....But I don't think there should be any such issue.....If by chance you do face such an issue, you can always buy a decent cooling pad.....
Share
a b à CPUs
July 12, 2013 10:17:24 AM

Thanks for the BA.....was glad to be of your help....
m
0
l
!