New 1200$ gaming build.

damin120

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
Hey, this is my gaming build. I play on 1920x1080 resolution. Leave your opinions.

Mobo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670
GPU: Msi gtx 760 Gaming
CPU cooler: Thermalright HR-02 Macho
RAM: Kingston Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB
Storage: Western Digital 1 TB
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95
PSU: XFX Core 550W
Case: Fractical Design R4

I would really like to have 60 GB SSD for OS, but can't afford it. What would you change? Waiting for your sugestions.

Ah, and sorry for mistakes. I'm from Poland, and I'm still lerning.

Solution
You could go with a more budget friendly mobo without sacrificing any performance, that might free up some cash for your SSD. Otherwise, looks like a good build!

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
First nice build, but I think there are a few places you could save some money. Neospiral made a good suggestion about the mobo. Unless there's a feature specific to that mobo that you need, you could save $30-$40 while achieving very similar performance results. And you'll still get the same core features built into Z87.

Since you're going with a 4670 I'm assuming you have no intention of overclocking, so you could probably save ~$20 by going with a cheaper CPU cooler. For example Cooler Master's Hyper 212 EVO, which has one of the best price to performance ratios on the market.

You could save some money on your case too. You'll probably be giving up features and some cooling performance, but the option's there. Corsair's Carbide 200R seems like a descent option for $50. There are probably a few other places you could shave off a couple bucks, but those are the things that immediately jumped out at me. With that you should easily be able to afford a 60GB SSD with the same budget.

I have just one question... what's "Kingston Corsair Vengeance" memory?

damin120

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013

I know I could choose another, cheaper motherboard but in my country g45 comes with Razer Deathadder and Crysis 3 for 9$. So that's a deal I wouldn't like to miss.

Very nice sugestion with that CPU cooler, I think I will do that.

As for case, I think I won't change my mind on that. It's too good option for me.

And for your last question I of course meant Crosair Vengance but kingston somehow got in there. LOL

Now I have some questions. If I could afford SSD, I would buy only 500 GB HDD. I think it might be a good idea. And what about PSU? Do you think 500W will be wnough. If so, I think I actually will have SSD in my system.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009

It depends on which 500W PSU. If it's a quality PSU (80+ rated, high amp 12V rail(s), active PFC, etc...) then 500W should be fine for your build.