fx 6300 on Asus M5A78L-M LX3 (760G chipset)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddg7

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Yes but it costs more than double, at least where I live, the m5a97 is 188USD and the M5A78L-M LX3 is 85USD (yes, it's expensive here). So I wonder if I would notice any difference between the two to see if it's worth. I also don't plan on upgrading anytime soon after this.
Thank you for answering.

ddg7

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
I know it will work, what I want to know if the difference (100USD difference) is really worth it given that I won't do overclocking (and I also don't need other stuff, like 4xDIMM)
So, solely on the cpu performance, will I notice any difference?
Thanks.

Dec 10, 2013
none of you guys answered his question.

ddg7, What did you end up getting? because i'm planning to get the same motherboard with the same processor and im wondering if it will perform ok not overclocking the processor and without crossfire and all that things the 9xx series chipset has

Crunch Doctor

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
The 970 Chip Set is part of the FSB or local bus and controls the speed of the Motherboard! The Chip set used to be called and sometimes is called the North and South Bridge. If you get a 760 Chip Set your transfer rate will slow and the potential of the CPU will be slower than normal! It is a bottleneck in the system; as well as could be your SDRAMs speed known as physical memory cards! Cl (Clocking ) should be low and speed should be high on any component on the Motherboard!

Crunch Doctor

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
The 970 Chip Set is part of the FSB or local bus and controls the speed of the Motherboard! The Chip set used to be called and sometimes is called the North and South Bridge. If you get a 760 Chip Set your transfer rate will slow and the potential of the CPU will be slower than normal! It is a bottleneck in the system; as well as could be your SDRAMs speed known as physical memory cards! Cl (Clocking ) should be low and speed should be high on any component on the Motherboard!

Crunch Doctor

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

TheEternal

Reputable
Mar 31, 2014
Hey, for anyone wondering...

I have this same motherboard and CPU (bought them together about 6 months ago) and I haven't noticed any performance issues. Maybe it is indeed better with another motherboard, but as far as I'm concerned, any game I play runs at 60fps with this combo, including the recently released Shadow of Mordor, which recommends an FX-8350.

With a Radeon HD 7950 GPU, this FX-6300 and M5A78L-M LX PLUS combo does not seem to be a bottleneck whatsoever.

Maz94protege

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Old thread I understand. I am running a FX6300 on the Asus mATX 760g board. The processor works with the board out of the box. I have had zero issues over the last 12 months with this setup. Microcenter bundled the board for only $15. Couldn't pass it up. I NOW after extensive research will be getting a 990FX board for some extra speed. People can say all over " your dumb, its too slow it wont work, etc" But I know the FX 6300 is a triple core processor...I never expected it to be faster than a quad core. BUT again, after research, ive never seen the full potential of my processor as the 760g chipset is limited the full power/bandwidth of my setup. Ill be posting youtube benchmarks of the current and 990fx benchmarks when I purchase the board. I would of paid an extra few bucks last year if I was better informed. This was my first AMD Build as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.