Solved

Xbox 360 Controller Adapter for PS3

So as the title says, I'd like to use my Xbox 360 wired controller on a PS3. I simply cannot get used to the light sticks and the overall feel of the PS3 controller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130723941416

I found that, but I heard mics don't work (which I really need). I also found the Cronus adapter, but it's highly expensive and I don't know if mics work.

Basically, I want a simple cross-over that allows your mic to work.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about xbox 360 controller adapter ps3
  1. Best answer
    I think that there are some hardware technologies used in the XBox 360 controller which are encumbered by patents and these may prevent the microphone from being passively or actively adapted for use with the PS3. You may have some luck looking for a 360 style controller that is designed for the PS3.
  2. Pinhedd said:
    I think that there are some hardware technologies used in the XBox 360 controller which are encumbered by patents and these may prevent the microphone from being passively or actively adapted for use with the PS3. You may have some luck looking for a 360 style controller that is designed for the PS3.


    I like that idea. However, how would you search for something like that? You happen to know of any off hand? I'd want to make sure that the joysticks are stiff like the 360 controllers.

    I've found this, but found mixed reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-Bluetooth-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-3/dp/B003AKMS0C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top It also seems to have an odd design (one of the complaints).
  3. tmontney said:
    Pinhedd said:
    I think that there are some hardware technologies used in the XBox 360 controller which are encumbered by patents and these may prevent the microphone from being passively or actively adapted for use with the PS3. You may have some luck looking for a 360 style controller that is designed for the PS3.


    I like that idea. However, how would you search for something like that? You happen to know of any off hand? I'd want to make sure that the joysticks are stiff like the 360 controllers.

    I've found this, but found mixed reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-Bluetooth-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-3/dp/B003AKMS0C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top It also seems to have an odd design (one of the complaints).


    Another issue with the adapter is that the 360 controllers do not have gyroscopes and accelerometers necessary for SIXAXIS. Here's one that may interest you

    http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B003V4AK8E
  4. Pinhedd said:
    tmontney said:
    Pinhedd said:
    I think that there are some hardware technologies used in the XBox 360 controller which are encumbered by patents and these may prevent the microphone from being passively or actively adapted for use with the PS3. You may have some luck looking for a 360 style controller that is designed for the PS3.


    I like that idea. However, how would you search for something like that? You happen to know of any off hand? I'd want to make sure that the joysticks are stiff like the 360 controllers.

    I've found this, but found mixed reviews: http://www.amazon.com/Rocketfish-Bluetooth-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-3/dp/B003AKMS0C/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top It also seems to have an odd design (one of the complaints).


    Another issue with the adapter is that the 360 controllers do not have gyroscopes and accelerometers necessary for SIXAXIS. Here's one that may interest you

    http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Elite-Wireless-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B003V4AK8E


    Seems a bit better, but reviews are similar. Some have dead zones and some don't. Perhaps I'll just have to gamble and hope I get a good one.
  5. Yeah I've never used anything like that, I just did a quick search for it. Good luck finding one
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games PlayStation Xbox 360 Controller adapter