700 dollar gaming pc rig?

Solution

Nope.. The 7950 is not at all powerful than the 760 and i just do not claim without any proofs. I include proofs to back up my claims. And below are my proofs. It is from Anandtech which has the most unbiased reviews. So here they are :

Far Cry 3
55837.png

Sleeping Dogs
55825.png

Total War : Shotgun 2
55817.png

Crysis : Warhead
55831.png
Great rig, you'll be able to max a lot of games at 1080p and get about med on the higher-end ones.
I would change a few things:
-Bigger psu, semi-modular, cheaper: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1750xxxb9
-Better case, the Gamma is old and low-end: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-case-s210e001
-I would try to fit this board in your budget, because it will allow for overclocking in the future if you add an aftermarket cpu cooler: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a97r20
However, if you don't plan to overclock then the LE version is a great choice.

For 700 dollars you can build this beast with 8350, Nvidia 760, Gigabyte UD3 Motherboard with 8+2 Phase VRM for overclocking and a all the bells and whistles you need for gaming. The best thing is that it is under 700 dollars and would play almost all the current games at 1080p ultra at 30+ fps easily and it is much faster than the 7850 that you selected. Just blindly go for this build. It is a beast at 700 dollars and the case also looks awesome for such a cheap price. So here is the awesome build :

kNKDtFr.jpg

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($62.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($254.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $698.90
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-14 03:16 EDT-0400)

If you think that the answer helped, then don't forget to select it as the best answer. It would be highly appreciated by me.

Kamen_BG

Distinguished
If you could only save up a bit more money you could buy this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1gtHt which would be a big upgrade.

Faster CPU, motherboard that's really good for overclocking .
By the way the M5A97 LE R2 and M5A97 LE R2 are exactly the same in terms of overclocking.
The RAM kit is faster, cheaper and looks better in my opinion.
The case has very high airflow and is made primarily of metal.
And lastly, the power supply gives you the option to Crossfire in the future.

Nope.. The 7950 is not at all powerful than the 760 and i just do not claim without any proofs. I include proofs to back up my claims. And below are my proofs. It is from Anandtech which has the most unbiased reviews. So here they are :

Far Cry 3
55837.png

Sleeping Dogs
55825.png

Total War : Shotgun 2
55817.png

Crysis : Warhead
55831.png

Bioshock Infinite
55845.png

Crysis 3
55848.png

I think these benchmarks are more than enough to back up my claim. Anyways if you want to see more then go to this link and see it for yourself. It is from Anandtech, so there are no doubts. You can read the full review of 760 at http://www.anandtech.com/show/7103/nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-review

If you think that the answer helped, then don't forget to select it as the best answer. It would be highly appreciated by me.

Solution

If the 760 is good at stock speeds, then it should at least give the same performance as the 7950 once overclocked. So 760 is a good option for that price. There is no point in going over budget just for a few extra frames (that too without any real proof of that) .

Go get a 760, that should not at all be a problem. For that price, it is a beast, just get it.

Well, lets see. The 7950 that the OP listed is the same price as the 760 you listed, so it's not really going over the budget.
The thing is that AMD cards overclock more than NVIDIA cards, which is why the 7950 out-performs the 760 when overclocked.
And not any real proof? Are you serious? I just sent you a link of proof. Many people watch his videos and there is no bias-ism in his videos.

I don't know about you, but i would prefer the Nvidia one as it is newer and the performance would be much more improved by the new drivers. The 7950 is already very much refined and i do not think it would be able to benifit more, wheras the 760 is a newer card and with future driver updates you can expect much more improvement in the performance.

I am not a fanboy, neither had Nvidia paid me money to take their side,I am just trying to help, I would just prefer the 760 more and that is what i would recommend. That is all i had to say

@IiIiI Why not just start a Poll between the 760 and 7950. Whichever gets the most votes, go for that one. That would be completely unbiased, wouldn't it be. The poll is the easier way to decide. So just start a poll.