500$ Gaming PC

you179

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Hi, I'm in High School and I'm building my first gaming PC. I've seen quite a few threads similar to this on this website so I'm hoping this is a good place to ask. :D The reason my budget is so low is because I also need a monitor which I'm hoping to get on Newegg when there is a sale. I won't need an operating system though. I would like the PC to be able to run most newer games without lag on medium/low (but preferably medium at least). Thanks in advance!

Solution
For 500 dollars, just go for this build. It is very much powerful than anything in this price range. Just blindly get it. The CPU is a quad core which is very much overclockable so take that thing to 4Ghz and then everything would be Awesome. This build can play games at 1080p high-very high without problem at good frame rates and it can also max out many games at Ultra 1080p, so it is a very good build for the price and blindly go for it.

Keep in mind, that you need to overclock this thing to get the best performance. The CPU would do fine at stock clock speeds but by overclocking it you can make games run at better frame rates, so just go for it and overclock it to unlock the real potential of this CPU. So just overclock it...

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

Dell are offering $200 eGift cards for students on all PC $699 or above.

I would check that out and don't bother making a $500 low end machine .

you can get this for example :)

Alienware X51

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd

or This (i5 Haswell) XPS 8700 Desktop

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-8700/fs

with the $200 gift , nothing can beat those .. an you will pay only $500 for the machine of $699

remember they come with OS as well .

For 500 dollars, just go for this build. It is very much powerful than anything in this price range. Just blindly get it. The CPU is a quad core which is very much overclockable so take that thing to 4Ghz and then everything would be Awesome. This build can play games at 1080p high-very high without problem at good frame rates and it can also max out many games at Ultra 1080p, so it is a very good build for the price and blindly go for it.

Keep in mind, that you need to overclock this thing to get the best performance. The CPU would do fine at stock clock speeds but by overclocking it you can make games run at better frame rates, so just go for it and overclock it to unlock the real potential of this CPU. So just overclock it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($178.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $505.89
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-14 14:14 EDT-0400)

If you think that the answer helped, then don't forget to select it as the best answer. It would be highly appreciated by me.

Solution