$600 AUD budget gaming build help

Carney137

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013
I just wanted to get some help on a budget gaming build in Australia, I have made this build http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/1f4S8 but I need to get opinions on how well it will perform in recent games from 720-1080p.
Any advice would be appreciated as I'm new to this and just need some help

I also wanted to know if i could use a LED tv as a monitor as I already have one and it would save some money, thanks in advance

Solution
This should be a litte bit better in gaming. Like 10FPS more with this CPU + GPU. For gaming the i3 is better than the 6300. Even the overclocked 6300 is not good than the i3 3220 when it comes to Single Threaded Performance, so you are good with an i3 3220. It is a good CPU indeed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($135.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: ASRock B75M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: Avexir Standard Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.25 @ Mwave Australia)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal...

pyro226

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Overall, it looks good. If you plan on overclocking, you will want to add a CPU cooler. The review article for the 7790 shows frame rates playing various games.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7790-bonaire-performance,3462.html

As for the TV, you can, but if it's a cheap TV, it won't be the best for gaming. TV's are more prone to input lag (and post processing), as well as ghosting. You could try it with your TV and get a moitor later if you decide you don't like it. I use a cheap 23 inch (58.5 centimeter) 1080p monitor for my desktop. I would go with a bit larger if I were to buy one again. The text is a little small and when I go back to normal monitors, I push the monitor way back because everything appears so big. :) Your first line of "I just wanted to get some help" is only 9 pixels big, so the text is tiny here. Hmm... I guess I could do some trigonometry. It comes up with 2.4 millimeters for that line. My unsteady hand and a ruler place it around the 3mm height. For gaming you won't really care much, mostly if you are reading a lot of web-page text (you can always zoom in though).
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/66444-3-monitor

Carney137

Honorable
Jul 9, 2013

I wasnt sure if i should overclock would it be beneficial in such a low end build?
Thanks for the link gives me ideas for other gpu's

Thanks for the input with the tv, it is a pretty cheap tv so I guess all i can do is test it out and see how it goes unless i save up and get a monitor first. Even if i got a cheap one like you I dont think i would mind much as im used to a laptop anyway, but I guess it never hurt to get something better :)

refillable - Yes the prices in Aus are well overpriced ... If only amazon shipped electronics overseas

As for the build I think I might save up a bit until I can get something with a bit more power and life before needing an upgrade, but thanks for your input and reply :)

This should be a litte bit better in gaming. Like 10FPS more with this CPU + GPU. For gaming the i3 is better than the 6300. Even the overclocked 6300 is not good than the i3 3220 when it comes to Single Threaded Performance, so you are good with an i3 3220. It is a good CPU indeed.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($135.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: ASRock B75M-DGS Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($59.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Memory: Avexir Standard Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.25 @ Mwave Australia)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2GB Video Card ($179.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Case: Zalman ZM-T1 ATX Mini Tower Case ($35.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.00 @ PLE Computers)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($21.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Total: $628.25
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-21 16:57 EST+1000)

If you think that the answer helped, then don't forget to select it as the best answer. It would be highly appreciated by me.

Solution

I chose that RAM because I was already above the budget, and please do notice that i said "Single Threaded Performance" . The 6300 really kills the 3220 when it comes to Multi Threaded performance, but the games needs better "Single Threaded Performance" that's why i opted for the i3.

Also overclocking comes with added costs like 1. Good Motherboard, 2. Good CPU Cooler, 3. Better Case. That is why i recommended the i3 3220.

I hope this explains my choices.

Yeah, grab these, they should not be a problem at all. They should be better and longer lasting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts