Solved

System power supply question!

hey, this is my build here:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=174377&action=wish_lists

there are 2 power supplies in there but i don't know which one to choose from, i will be getting a second 780 in the future and watercooling the whole lot. cpu and gpu..

will the 850W power supply be enough or should i get the 1050W and be 100% safe? :s

850W is obviously cheaper, (im trying to get everything as cheap and good as possible)

i also looking for fully modular as well.. :)
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about system power supply question
  1. 850w is plenty for dual 780s. However, I would steer clear of Coolermaster PSUs. This one is the same price of the Seasonic module, is fully modular and is Platinum rated. http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22405
  2. sophiebeth100 said:
    850w is plenty for dual 780s. However, I would steer clear of Coolermaster PSUs. This one is the same price of the Seasonic module, is fully modular and is Platinum rated. http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22405


    i was looking at that one, mmm
    also yea the requirement from nivida is 850W but thats in a standard system.. im talking full water pumped water-cooling system haha :\
  3. andiedee said:
    sophiebeth100 said:
    850w is plenty for dual 780s. However, I would steer clear of Coolermaster PSUs. This one is the same price of the Seasonic module, is fully modular and is Platinum rated. http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22405


    i was looking at that one, mmm
    also yea the requirement from nivida is 850W but thats in a standard system.. im talking full water pumped water-cooling system haha :\


    You can power two 780s on a 750w PSU - 850w should be sufficient even if you do have a custom loop. However, if you feel it isn't enough then the Seasonic you listed is the same price, so you may as well get that one. :)
  4. sophiebeth100 said:
    andiedee said:
    sophiebeth100 said:
    850w is plenty for dual 780s. However, I would steer clear of Coolermaster PSUs. This one is the same price of the Seasonic module, is fully modular and is Platinum rated. http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22405


    i was looking at that one, mmm
    also yea the requirement from nivida is 850W but thats in a standard system.. im talking full water pumped water-cooling system haha :\


    You can power two 780s on a 750w PSU - 850w should be sufficient even if you do have a custom loop. However, if you feel it isn't enough then the Seasonic you listed is the same price, so you may as well get that one. :)


    which one would you prefer ?
    corsair or the seasonic ?
  5. Best answer
    andiedee said:
    sophiebeth100 said:
    andiedee said:
    sophiebeth100 said:
    850w is plenty for dual 780s. However, I would steer clear of Coolermaster PSUs. This one is the same price of the Seasonic module, is fully modular and is Platinum rated. http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=22405


    i was looking at that one, mmm
    also yea the requirement from nivida is 850W but thats in a standard system.. im talking full water pumped water-cooling system haha :\


    You can power two 780s on a 750w PSU - 850w should be sufficient even if you do have a custom loop. However, if you feel it isn't enough then the Seasonic you listed is the same price, so you may as well get that one. :)


    which one would you prefer ?
    corsair or the seasonic ?


    In terms of quality, I'd say their pretty much on a par. I would probably go for the Seasonic as there's more Watts for the money. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Systems