Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

I can't find any option in BIOS to OC my CPU, can someone help?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
July 16, 2013 8:55:33 PM

Hi, my problem is that when i went to BIOS, i looked at every single option twice and none of them mention anything about my CPU, can someone please tell me how i can overclock my CPU through BIOS?
my motherboard: MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine), and the rest of my computer specs are here: http://tinyurl.com/csumgor

More about : find option bios cpu

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 16, 2013 9:17:15 PM

Seriously doubt you can. Mass market pc makers usually lock that.
m
0
l
July 16, 2013 9:42:54 PM

J_E_D_70 said:
Seriously doubt you can. Mass market pc makers usually lock that.

but how? everyone is telling me the best way to OC my cpu is through BIOS, and i've seen many videos showing how on youtube
m
0
l
Related resources
July 17, 2013 4:09:47 AM

The bios is just a software program the same as any other, there are different versions for each board and manafacturers are always changing and updating them. Sounds like your out of luck and simply dont have overclocking options available.
m
0
l
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
July 17, 2013 6:13:56 AM

Those folks are probably ocing with mobos they bought, not that came pre-assembled. HP isn't interested in helping if some screws up their OC, so they just disable it
m
0
l
July 17, 2013 10:24:05 AM

J_E_D_70 said:
Those folks are probably ocing with mobos they bought, not that came pre-assembled. HP isn't interested in helping if some screws up their OC, so they just disable it

Thank you both for trying to help, but is there any way i can unlock that feature? if not, do programs like AMD Overdrive work just as good?
Also, i looked at my motherboard specs here: http://tinyurl.com/l9cjoed
And in a section called "clearing the password settings", it says that "The BIOS password is used to protect BIOS settings from unwanted changes" and it says how i can unlock it; but does that actually unlock all of the features that the BIOS offers (including OCing)? if so, how do i actually do it? because i don't know what "the jumper" that it mentions is.
m
0
l
July 17, 2013 3:20:04 PM

a10 5700 isnt an overclockable cpu, so even if you could find the settings or use overdrive it wouldn't do anything, sorry
m
0
l
July 17, 2013 10:26:21 PM

TheOfficalTanner said:
a10 5700 isnt an overclockable cpu, so even if you could find the settings or use overdrive it wouldn't do anything, sorry

But how though? i've seen several videos on youtube showing how to overclock all of AMD's APUs
this one specifically shows the A10 being overclocked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuhN5VhWNcc
m
0
l
July 17, 2013 10:39:32 PM

They didn't overclock via multiplier they used the other setting (i dunno what its called) but they way you get clock speed is by the things i.e. 100 is a normal speed, and the multiplier i.e. 36, 38, 40, 100x40 is 4000mhz...but once again the motherboard is locked too so you have to find the pin on the motherboard that has two pins connected by a black jumper, move it to the middle and right jumper, then move it back to the original jumpers, now your motherboard is unlocked good luck!
m
0
l

Best solution

July 17, 2013 10:41:15 PM

also multiplier is the easier way to overclock, the other one (dont quote me) also toys with the other componets (hd, gpu, etc) so don't go overboard...and the motherboard isn't made to overclock either, you best bet is to up it just slightly to were its stable on stock voltage
Share
July 17, 2013 10:59:07 PM

TheOfficalTanner said:
also multiplier is the easier way to overclock, the other one (dont quote me) also toys with the other componets (hd, gpu, etc) so don't go overboard...and the motherboard isn't made to overclock either, you best bet is to up it just slightly to were its stable on stock voltage

ok thanks, i'll try what u said tomorrow, hopefully it'll work
m
0
l
December 23, 2013 4:33:19 PM

the motherboard has a different "os" then others so yours is locked use an application or change your bios but you can break your motherboard if don't wrong I wouldn't advise to do that tho


m
0
l
!