Solved

Best 7.1 Surround Sound Headset?

I've been searching, but can't decide on what headset I should purchase. At a budget of $100 - $150 (and maybe willing to spend slightly more if needed) I was looking at the Razer Megalodon. However, due to it becoming slightly outdated, I'm on the search for a new 7.1 Surround Headset. I was then looking at the Logitech solutions, but they look ugly and I'm not interested in those. What do you guys suggest? Ever since my DPX21's died after like a year, I'm looking for a more reliable and less fragile headset.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about surround sound headset
  1. Just because it is old, doesn't mean it is outdated. Get the megalodons.
  2. DR GA500 SONY it comes with a switch box for 2,5,7 sound and its been docked down alot, gotta get it off of amazon - discontinued really great, PREVENTS ear sweat ;)
  3. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153089
    These are what your looking for these arent virtual 7.1 either there true 7.1 with individual drivers. JUMP on this 10% off coupon SAVETENOCT18Q
  4. Best answer
    ryan27968 said:
    Just because it is old, doesn't mean it is outdated. Get the megalodons.


    Anonymous said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153089
    These are what your looking for these arent virtual 7.1 either there true 7.1 with individual drivers. JUMP on this 10% off coupon SAVETENOCT18Q


    NO.

    Avoid Razer headphones at all costs! Razer makes terrible audio products!


    For your budget an ATH-AD700X with a Xonar DG or Xonar DSX would be great! Use DOLBY for virtual surround instead of a gimmicky "true surround sound headset."

    Xonar DG:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020


    Xonar DSC
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132053&Tpk=Xonar%20DSX


    ATH-AD700X
    http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD700X-Audiophile-Open-Air-Headphones/dp/B009S332TQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1382140169&sr=1-2&keywords=ad700

    If you need a mic, grab a Zalman clip on mic for a few bucks.
  5. edogawa said:
    ryan27968 said:
    Just because it is old, doesn't mean it is outdated. Get the megalodons.


    Anonymous said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153089
    These are what your looking for these arent virtual 7.1 either there true 7.1 with individual drivers. JUMP on this 10% off coupon SAVETENOCT18Q


    NO.

    Avoid Razer headphones at all costs! Razer makes terrible audio products!


    For your budget an ATH-AD700X with a Xonar DG or Xonar DSX would be great! Use DOLBY for virtual surround instead of a gimmicky "true surround sound headset."

    Xonar DG:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020


    Xonar DSC
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132053&Tpk=Xonar%20DSX


    ATH-AD700X
    http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD700X-Audiophile-Open-Air-Headphones/dp/B009S332TQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1382140169&sr=1-2&keywords=ad700

    If you need a mic, grab a Zalman clip on mic for a few bucks.

    sounds like an opinion to me I've owned and used a couple different 7.1 headsets such as the Turtle beach PX5 and i now own the Tiamat. I can say with confidence there the best ive come in contact with. as well the external channel volume adjuster is great.
  6. ok, I recommend A virtual 7.1 surround sound....they are cheaper and in my opinion better, second if you need a mic get a mod mic, exxelent quality mic and easy to use, thirdly if possible grab an audio technica because they are just amazing and I'm done
  7. mcdonh said:
    sounds like an opinion to me I've owned and used a couple different 7.1 headsets such as the Turtle beach PX5 and i now own the Tiamat. I can say with confidence there the best ive come in contact with. as well the external channel volume adjuster is great.



    It's the opinion of myself and every audiophile who has used good stereo headphones. You have either never used good headphones or have bad ears. The headphones I recommended, and their older version, are quite used by many gamers.

    Gaming headsets are cheap products wrapped in a fancy exterior to look cool. I could get some cheap headphone drivers wrap them in something nerdy and "cool" looking with a mic, call it "new super awesome gaming headphones," and call it a day.

    You should have gotten a PC 360 instead if you wanted a headset as it's made by a real audio company.

    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382204486&sr=8-1&keywords=pc+360
  8. edogawa said:
    mcdonh said:
    sounds like an opinion to me I've owned and used a couple different 7.1 headsets such as the Turtle beach PX5 and i now own the Tiamat. I can say with confidence there the best ive come in contact with. as well the external channel volume adjuster is great.



    It's the opinion of myself and every audiophile who has used good stereo headphones. You have either never used good headphones or have bad ears. The headphones I recommended, and their older version, are quite used by many gamers.

    Gaming headsets are cheap products wrapped in a fancy exterior to look cool. I could get some cheap headphone drivers wrap them in something nerdy and "cool" looking with a mic, call it "new super awesome gaming headphones," and call it a day.

    You should have gotten a PC 360 instead if you wanted a headset as it's made by a real audio company.

    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382204486&sr=8-1&keywords=pc+360


    that was just mean, it was my opinion and I said so, for your information I have used razer tiamt 7.1's and I didn't really like them, so please don't have a go at me I am just trying to help people
  9. That wasn't supposed to be mean. :/ Sorry.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Headsets Components Razer