Solved

I5 2500k + Asrock Z68 Pro 3 Gen 3 + GSkill RipjawsX 2 x 4GB DDR3-1600

Someone is selling these bundle to me at 260$.

I5 2500k + Asrock Z68 Pro 3 Gen 3 + GSkill RipjawsX 2 x 4GB DDR3-1600

What do you think? Is it worth it? Its already used.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 2500k asrock z68 pro gen gskill ripjawsx 4gb ddr3 1600
  1. yes, it's a very good rig. go get it, you're saving yourself lots of money. :) all you need is a GPU in that rig and you're good to go :)
  2. Yeah a great combo
    Just check that the old user was using it with which cpu cooler as running on stock cooler and playing games hard would shorten the life of cpu as the temp reaches above 70c on stock cooler


    Just check that has he overclocked it
    If yes till what frequencies
    This would help u to know that how intensely the cpu is used


    Dont forget to close the post by selecting best answer we all appreciate it
  3. Sn1992-1361850 said:
    Yeah a great combo
    Just check that the old user was using it with which cpu cooler as running on stock cooler and playing games hard would shorten the life of cpu as the temp reaches above 70c on stock cooler


    Just check that has he overclocked it
    If yes till what frequencies
    This would help u to know that how intensely the cpu is used


    Dont forget to close the post by selecting best answer we all appreciate it



    will an i5 3550 + z77 extreme 4 combination outperform the combination above? thanks
  4. Look i suggested u the combo because it was really low priced being used
    But if u get a new setup so go with a haswell sereis i5


    Doing the comparison here is a detailed look
    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3550-vs-Intel-Core-i5-2500K


    Dont forget to close the post by selecting the best solution

    We all appreciate it
  5. RamjoTejada said:
    Sn1992-1361850 said:
    Yeah a great combo
    Just check that the old user was using it with which cpu cooler as running on stock cooler and playing games hard would shorten the life of cpu as the temp reaches above 70c on stock cooler


    Just check that has he overclocked it
    If yes till what frequencies
    This would help u to know that how intensely the cpu is used


    Dont forget to close the post by selecting best answer we all appreciate it



    will an i5 3550 + z77 extreme 4 combination outperform the combination above? thanks


    I don't think so because the i5-2500k, even though it's 2 generations old, has the ability to overclock while the 3550 doesn't
  6. Best answer
    If it works that's a great deal, regardless of age, the 2500Ks still have a few years in them and they OC great, I run mine at 4.8 24/7 with a Hyper 212 EVO and paired w/ 32GB of 2133 DRAM.....you could prob buy at that price turn around and make a good profit on it
  7. Aeronautics said:
    RamjoTejada said:
    Sn1992-1361850 said:
    Yeah a great combo
    Just check that the old user was using it with which cpu cooler as running on stock cooler and playing games hard would shorten the life of cpu as the temp reaches above 70c on stock cooler


    Just check that has he overclocked it
    If yes till what frequencies
    This would help u to know that how intensely the cpu is used


    Dont forget to close the post by selecting best answer we all appreciate it



    will an i5 3550 + z77 extreme 4 combination outperform the combination above? thanks


    I don't think so because the i5-2500k, even though it's 2 generations old, has the ability to overclock while the 3550 doesn't


    How about the i5 3570k + z77 extreme 4 VS i5 2500k + z68 pro 3 gen 3?
    which will win?
  8. I've got the 3570K/EX4 at 4.7 and a 2500K/P67 (different mobo) at 4.8 the 3570K edges it out a little bit most everywhere
  9. RamjoTejada said:
    Aeronautics said:
    RamjoTejada said:
    Sn1992-1361850 said:
    Yeah a great combo
    Just check that the old user was using it with which cpu cooler as running on stock cooler and playing games hard would shorten the life of cpu as the temp reaches above 70c on stock cooler


    Just check that has he overclocked it
    If yes till what frequencies
    This would help u to know that how intensely the cpu is used


    Dont forget to close the post by selecting best answer we all appreciate it



    will an i5 3550 + z77 extreme 4 combination outperform the combination above? thanks


    I don't think so because the i5-2500k, even though it's 2 generations old, has the ability to overclock while the 3550 doesn't


    How about the i5 3570k + z77 extreme 4 VS i5 2500k + z68 pro 3 gen 3?
    which will win?


    of course the i5-3570k will win :)
  10. 3570k will win undoubtedly
Ask a new question

Read More

DDR3 ASrock Intel i5 CPUs