i7 3820 128c?!?!?

dopesoner930

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hello,

I noticed my pc running slower the past few weeks but mostly though it was internet related. However when rendering a video i noticed it took more than twice the time it normally would so I began to look into ways to scan my pc for problems. I ended up just checking some temp software and got some insane results.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/h3w2.png/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
My whole rig is only 7 months old. I am wondering if speedfan is way off? is my cpu fried? i have an coolermaster evo cpu cooler have replaced thermal compound as well. Cleaned out dust and all that as well.

Solution
i see the package (the whole of the cpu) is at 62c i have a feeling that speedfan is wrong, just trust hwmonitor, intel cpu's have a built in failsafe that will shut down the computer at ~100-105c so they don't take much damage

swords24

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
i see the package (the whole of the cpu) is at 62c i have a feeling that speedfan is wrong, just trust hwmonitor, intel cpu's have a built in failsafe that will shut down the computer at ~100-105c so they don't take much damage

Solution

dopesoner930

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

Yes it is incorrect, and my concern was also 60 seemed to high but then i discovered something that made me facepalm (I had prime95 running in the background) haha didnt even realize it because it was minimized to the tiny tray icon as soon as i stop burn test idle drops to roughly 40c ran burn test all night no problems didnt get above 65 so im fine! thanks for the response