Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

need help watching 3d blu ray movies on windows 8

Last response: in Components
Share
July 17, 2013 6:22:34 AM

I would like to watch 3D movies on my windows 8 computer.

What hardware and software do you recommend. Also, if possible, I would like to be able to use my WMC remote control with it, but if that isn't possible, I need a remote that will do that. Please note, this MUST be computer equipment. NO STANDALONE!!!!!!! Price isn't much of a concern, but I am a stinker for quality. I would also like to up-convert 2d movies to 3d.

here is what I have now.

Intel i5 quad core 3.1 GHZ.
8 GB RAM
nvidia gtx 660
Benq Xl2420T 24" 3d vision ready monitor. (The one without the emitter)
3D vision kit with spare glasses and emitter.
windows 8 pro fully upgraded with media center pack
a b * Windows 8
July 17, 2013 9:27:27 AM

Look like you need one Blu-ray drive ( I had the ASUS one) and the 3d blu-ray player software, like the PowerDVD13 Ultra, TotalMedia Theatre 6, WinDVD Pro 11. Then you are ready to go.

For PowerDVD 13, you have to buy the "Ultra" version, because it can play the 3d. Here is info.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/compar...

For WinDVD Pro 11 you need update the Service Pack 2 for the win8, I had this and before the Service Pack 2 I only can use it in win7.

For TotalMedia Theatre 6 I try the trail version ( that is 5 version). I like it because I can open the program faster than WinDVD pro11, but I got the good deal on WinDVD from newegg.com

So you may download the trial version to try out before you buy.
m
0
l
July 17, 2013 9:42:17 AM

cin19 said:
Look like you need one Blu-ray drive ( I had the ASUS one) and the 3d blu-ray player software, like the PowerDVD13 Ultra, TotalMedia Theatre 6, WinDVD Pro 11. Then you are ready to go.

For PowerDVD 13, you have to buy the "Ultra" version, because it can play the 3d. Here is info.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/compar...

For WinDVD Pro 11 you need update the Service Pack 2 for the win8, I had this and before the Service Pack 2 I only can use it in win7.

For TotalMedia Theatre 6 I try the trail version ( that is 5 version). I like it because I can open the program faster than WinDVD pro11, but I got the good deal on WinDVD from newegg.com

So you may download the trial version to try out before you buy.


is powerdvd 13 good, and easy to use? Also are all blu ray drives 3d capable, or does it have to explicitly say that it is compatible with 3d movies.

Thank you for your response
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
July 17, 2013 10:21:24 AM

I don't try the powerdvd 13 but I think it should be the same, sorry.

Yes all the blu ray drives are 3d capable as long as you have the 3d blu-ray player software, the blu-ray only play the disk ( 3d or non 3d) and the software will handle the rest. Keep in mind no all the version power DVD can play the 3d blu-ray movies.

And one more thing you have to update the some king the "key" every couples of month otherwise you can't play the 3d movies.
Share
July 18, 2013 3:09:32 AM

cin19 said:
I don't try the powerdvd 13 but I think it should be the same, sorry.

Yes all the blu ray drives are 3d capable as long as you have the 3d blu-ray player software, the blu-ray only play the disk ( 3d or non 3d) and the software will handle the rest. Keep in mind no all the version power DVD can play the 3d blu-ray movies.

And one more thing you have to update the some king the "key" every couples of month otherwise you can't play the 3d movies.


That's OK, thanks for your help.

m
0
l
November 4, 2013 4:51:34 AM

Unbelievable.

I buy a 3D blu-ray player for my 3D TV/Monitor and have no problems.

I buy a computer 3D player/Drive for my PC and it scams me for an extra $100.

They must think computer users are bleeding mugs.

Horrid
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 4:54:46 AM

Roger Rogers said:
Unbelievable.

I buy a 3D blu-ray player for my 3D TV/Monitor and have no problems.

I buy a computer 3D player/Drive for my PC and it scams me for an extra $100.

They must think computer users are bleeding mugs.

Horrid


You gotta know where to look, what bundles, what OS you are running. As it happens I bought one that works with windows 7, and included cyber power, it cost me a little less than $100, but the problem is, it only works with windows 7 or less. No big deal right now, but it can be down the line.
m
0
l
a b * Windows 8
November 28, 2013 8:40:29 AM

For the OEM version, then you are out of luck because the company doesn't support and you can't get the update patch. If you have the retail version and you can get the win8 update patch.
m
0
l
November 28, 2013 9:36:20 PM

cin19 said:
For the OEM version, then you are out of luck because the company doesn't support and you can't get the update patch. If you have the retail version and you can get the win8 update patch.


Cyberlink have the monopoly to print money.

I mean, to jack someone for around $100 for software to play 3D Blu-Ray when the company knows everyone already has DVD and Blu-ray player software, is criminal.

I also didn`t know the 3D is software only, as I started buying 3D Blu-ray discs, rather than converting 2D Blu-Ray to-3D...

Think I got that right. I dont know if people are saying all the 3D blu-ray players for TV`s are just a bit of extra software in them only.... who knows the mysteries?

But the process was so annoying...

My step 1 was to buy a Pioneer/Buffalo 3D Blu-Ray player (advertising itself as a 3D Blu-ray player).

My step 2 was to buy a 3D 27-inch Asus with the 3D emitter kit built in. Then I thought great, 3D movies.

Then of course step 3 I needed a good card, so went for the GTX 780...

But still they wouldn`t play..

Then only after days/weeks of frustration did I learn about step 4 and cyberlink 13 being the only software in the world that allows you to play in 3D.

.. but the other hardware sellers should ALL have advertiesd that fact first IMHO.

Seriously, something like a Sony BDP790 and a 32-inch HDTV and a PS4 would have been far cheaper.

Am too frustrated still to find out if I dont have to buy 3D blu-rays anymore for the PC.....

Whatever.....

The Asus VG278H does play AMAZING 3D though.

Wonderful.

When 4K 3D is around.....without glasses, at the right price for the big screen, its on the list. Do it.
m
0
l
!