Solved

Buying a gaming pc on a budget

So, not having much knowledge on PCs, would this PC be decent for gaming?
I am also on a budget of $590 - $400

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4959030&CatId=114

Help and advice would be awesome! :D
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about buying gaming budget
  1. Build your own.

    That PC has a pretty poor CPU, and the GPU is awful. It would probably play BF3 on low settings, at 720p - which is rubbish.

    For the same price, you could build a PC that would run BF3 on medium or high settings, at 1080p resolution.
  2. JRAtk94 said:
    Build your own.

    That PC has a pretty poor CPU, and the GPU is awful. It would probably play BF3 on low settings, at 720p - which is rubbish.

    For the same price, you could build a PC that would run BF3 on medium or high settings, at 1080p resolution.


    Can you recommend some parts? I'm new to this. :??:
  3. Best answer
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($90.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($78.56 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($62.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Zalman Z12 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $596.46

    6$ over your budget, but absolutely miles better than that CyberPower PC.

    If you want evidence, check these comparisons:-
    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965-vs-AMD-FX-4100
    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7770-vs-GeForce-GT-610

    The CPU I've included is around 10% better than the CPU in the CyberPower.
    However, the GPU I've included is at least 5 times more powerful than the one in the CyberPower.
  4. JRAtk94 said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($90.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($78.56 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($65.99 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($62.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Zalman Z12 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $596.46

    6$ over your budget, but absolutely miles better than that CyberPower PC.

    If you want evidence, check these comparisons:-
    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Phenom-II-X4-965-vs-AMD-FX-4100
    http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7770-vs-GeForce-GT-610


    Wow! Thanks! What kind of games will this build be able to run?
  5. BF3 on high settings (No or low AA) @ 1080p resolution.
    Metro Last Light on medium settings @ 1080p resolution.
    Skyrim on high or ultra settings @ 1080p resolution.
  6. JRAtk94 said:
    BF3 on high settings (No or low AA) @ 1080p resolution.
    Metro Last Light on medium settings @ 1080p resolution.
    Skyrim on high or ultra settings @ 1080p resolution.


    Cool, is GTA 4 able to run?
  7. Yes, it'll run GTA 4 easily :)
  8. JRAtk94 said:
    Yes, it'll run GTA 4 easily :)


    Thanks, how do you close this thread?
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Prebuilt Systems PCS Systems