Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

BSOD by ntoskrnl.exe , Memory management error.

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
July 17, 2013 4:25:39 PM

Hi guys. I'm starting to get really desperate with this error. I just cant seem to figure out what is causing it.

WhoCrashed gives me the following info :

On Wed 17.7.2013 22:54:58 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071813-20108-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70040)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x411, 0xFFFFF680000C10A0, 0xC001FAD2, 0xFFFFF8A009C5BB51)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.



The problem started two weeks ago. i suspected that there was a problem in my memory but Memtest86 didn't find anything, so i tried re-installing Win 7 64bit.. Well everything was fine for maybe like 3 hours and boom same error.

Thanks for your help in advance.
a b $ Windows 7
July 17, 2013 4:28:39 PM

Are you overclocking or running non-standard memory?
m
0
l
July 17, 2013 4:32:09 PM

Nope, no overclocking or anything related to it. Two 2gb rams
m
0
l
Related resources
July 17, 2013 4:36:19 PM

I'm not sure if i am imagining things or it was just coincidence, but before re-installing and after re-installing problem seemed to occur when i installed windows updates
m
0
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
July 17, 2013 4:38:27 PM

Poptune said:
I'm not sure if i am imagining things or it was just coincidence, but before re-installing and after re-installing problem seemed to occur when i installed windows updates


Windows Updates are usually not problematic in and of themselves, but they can trigger other faults which have not caused problems before.

Do you have the latest firmware (BIOS/UEFI) installed on your motherboard?
Share
July 17, 2013 4:45:54 PM

BIOS is ancient. I Really haven't wanted to mess with it after hearing about things that can go wrong. My motherboard is MSI 790gx-g65 . Would updating bios help with the problem? And if you may, could you point which bios should i choose from msi:s website http://www.msi.com/product/mb/790GX-G65.html#/?div=BIOS

My knowledge of computers are bit limited, so i cant understand if you lose your patience :) . Thanks anyway
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 17, 2013 4:52:48 PM

Poptune said:
BIOS is ancient. I Really haven't wanted to mess with it after hearing about things that can go wrong. My motherboard is MSI 790gx-g65 . Would updating bios help with the problem? And if you may, could you point which bios should i choose from msi:s website http://www.msi.com/product/mb/790GX-G65.html#/?div=BIOS

My knowledge of computers are bit limited, so i cant understand if you lose your patience :) . Thanks anyway


There's very little that can go wrong when flashing the firmware. Just don't turn the power off or throw it out the window.

The latest version for your board is 4.4

http://www.msi.com/service/download/bios-16230.html
m
0
l
July 17, 2013 4:54:13 PM

Thank you alot! I'll start working on it tomorrow and let you know if it helped.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 17, 2013 4:55:36 PM

Poptune said:
Thank you alot! I'll start working on it tomorrow and let you know if it helped.


Good luck!

Just a heads up. When you do flash the firmware, any settings that you had configured on your own may be lost. Most of the time this would only be to enable the chipset RAID ROM. If that is the case, you may have to reenable them.
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 12:32:48 PM

Well after updating my bios i've had day off from the bluescreen so it might have helped. Thanks alot!
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 19, 2013 1:18:07 PM

Poptune said:
Well after updating my bios i've had day off from the bluescreen so it might have helped. Thanks alot!


Glad it seems to be working well so far. Give it another 24 to 48 hours then report back.
m
0
l
July 22, 2013 8:31:47 PM

4 Days without BSOD after updating BIOS. I think updating bios fixed the issue. Thanks alot!
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 23, 2013 11:16:46 AM

Poptune said:
4 Days without BSOD after updating BIOS. I think updating bios fixed the issue. Thanks alot!


Glad it helped. Please select a best answer to close this thread
m
0
l
!