Solved

i7 cooling options (h50 vs 212 evo)

Hey guys, I have an i7 (3770). This is running in a Bitfenix Prodigy m-itx case. I just received both a Corsair H50 and a Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO. I want to install the EVO, but am afraid of losing a fan on the top of my case, but I also dont want water in my case either. Which would you install? Anyone familiar with the case have any suggestions on how I would set up fans if I did install the EVO?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooling options h50 212 evo
  1. the "water" in the cooler rarely leaks and i believe is not harmful to pc components. the 212 evo will make u remove the top fan? id say use the liquid cooler, or else remove ur top fan lol or replace it with a thinner one
  2. lazyboy947 said:
    the "water" in the cooler rarely leaks and i believe is not harmful to pc components. the 212 evo will make u remove the top fan? id say use the liquid cooler, or else remove ur top fan lol or replace it with a thinner one


    personally i prefer the water since the change of leak is non existent. i have seen they work better than stock cooler even when you donot use radiator fan. but most importantly it exhaust the heat out side
  3. sarwar_r87 said:
    lazyboy947 said:
    the "water" in the cooler rarely leaks and i believe is not harmful to pc components. the 212 evo will make u remove the top fan? id say use the liquid cooler, or else remove ur top fan lol or replace it with a thinner one


    personally i prefer the water since the change of leak is non existent. i have seen they work better than stock cooler even when you donot use radiator fan. but most importantly it exhaust the heat out side


    Cool. I will go with the H50 then. Thanks for your responses! Also, should I have the H50 as an intake or exhaust? The two closest slots are either back of the case, which is towards the top, or at the very top of the case.
  4. Best answer
    its a debatable topic. i keep mine as intake since i want to take in the cool air from outside. gives the best results. but it also dumps the hot air from the radiator inside the chasing.

    but if you have other fans in front/top of the chasing already working as a intake, it would make sense to keep it as exhaust.

    you have to find the best option for you based on how you plan your airflow
  5. sarwar_r87 said:
    its a debatable topic. i keep mine as intake since i want to take in the cool air from outside. gives the best results. but it also dumps the hot air from the radiator inside the chasing.

    but if you have other fans in front/top of the chasing already working as a intake, it would make sense to keep it as exhaust.

    you have to find the best option for you based on how you plan your airflow


    Awesome. You were a big help. TY
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Evo Intel i7 Cases CPUs