Solved Closed

Gigabyte z77x-ud3h boot loop

Hi. I built a new rig recently and now I face this problem:
My gigabyte z77x-ud3h boots up, and gets into reboot cycle 3 times. Nothing is shown on screen. Then it boots up 4th time, displays screen with press del f12 etc. But when I press del to get into bios settings, it doesn't respond and gigabyte uefi dualbios screen shows up for 5 seconds and then it goes back to loop with led code db.

I left mobo without battery overnight - didn't help, tried with different ram slots with one stick, tried removing everything except cpu ram and processor, tried different usb slots for keyboard, nothing helped. What could be the issue?

My specs:
Gigabyte z77x-ud3h
i5-3550p
Corsair 750w psu
Geforce 8600gt
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gigabyte z77x ud3h boot loop
  1. db means the flash update failed which means you failed to update the bios properly. It might be a bricked bios. I would contact gigabyte and see what they suggest. At the very least i would try to flash the bios to the latest version again if possible. I would also try to clr_cmos again. you don't need to leave the battery out all night, just unplug the computer, set the jumper to clr_cmos, pull the battery, give it a few minutes, then put it all back together, power cord last, and give it a whirl.
  2. ingtar33 said:
    db means the flash update failed which means you failed to update the bios properly. It might be a bricked bios. I would contact gigabyte and see what they suggest. At the very least i would try to flash the bios to the latest version again if possible. I would also try to clr_cmos again. you don't need to leave the battery out all night, just unplug the computer, set the jumper to clr_cmos, pull the battery, give it a few minutes, then put it all back together, power cord last, and give it a whirl.


    Thanks for suggestion. Mobo is new and I haven't flashed bios so I'm not sure why bios would be bricked. Anyway, I would try to flash bios but I'm not sure if it will work, because mobo doesn't respond to keyboard keys. If I'll connect usb stick with bios flash on it, will it automatically boot from it?
  3. Best answer
    Harrisonhill said:
    ingtar33 said:
    db means the flash update failed which means you failed to update the bios properly. It might be a bricked bios. I would contact gigabyte and see what they suggest. At the very least i would try to flash the bios to the latest version again if possible. I would also try to clr_cmos again. you don't need to leave the battery out all night, just unplug the computer, set the jumper to clr_cmos, pull the battery, give it a few minutes, then put it all back together, power cord last, and give it a whirl.


    Thanks for suggestion. Mobo is new and I haven't flashed bios so I'm not sure why bios would be bricked. Anyway, I would try to flash bios but I'm not sure if it will work, because mobo doesn't respond to keyboard keys. If I'll connect usb stick with bios flash on it, will it automatically boot from it?



    make sure the keyboard is plugged into a usb 2 port, usb3 isn't natively supported in mb bios... you should get your keyboard that way. as for flashing the bios... you need to post and get into the bios itself to flash it. if you can't get that far you won't be able to update the bios.

    that's why i suggested you contact gigabyte.
  4. Found solution. It was corrupted BIOS. So I tried force bios recover - disable PSU power, hold front power button, enable PSU, when fan starts, disable PSU, repeat 3 times (without releasing front power button) and it will go to recovery screen and it will flash bios

    I had problem, when bios flashed and windows started, keyboard and mouse weren't working, then I downloaded latest flash (F18) from gigabyte site, flashed it and it worked like a charm
  5. Harrisonhill said:
    Found solution. It was corrupted BIOS. So I tried force bios recover - disable PSU power, hold front power button, enable PSU, when fan starts, disable PSU, repeat 3 times (without releasing front power button) and it will go to recovery screen and it will flash bios

    I had problem, when bios flashed and windows started, keyboard and mouse weren't working, then I downloaded latest flash (F18) from gigabyte site, flashed it and it worked like a charm


    great news! glad it's working for you!
  6. Harrisonhill said:
    Found solution. It was corrupted BIOS. So I tried force bios recover - disable PSU power, hold front power button, enable PSU, when fan starts, disable PSU, repeat 3 times (without releasing front power button) and it will go to recovery screen and it will flash bios



    Thank you!!! :D
    It works for me *.*
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Motherboards