Sign in with
Your question
Solved

2560*1440 monitor for my RIG

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 18, 2013 12:35:12 AM

hey guys just needed to ask the community a question for my new build....

I have a i7-3770k and a gtx 670 ftw siganture 2 GFX card...

Needed suggestions for a cheap 2560*1440 monitor for my computer...

all suggestions are much appreciated .:) 

More about : 2560 1440 monitor rig

Best solution

a b C Monitor
July 18, 2013 1:08:30 AM

I would like to know what options i have on the monitor as well, so common guys!

i found this: Dell UltraSharp U2713HM for about 400-500 euros.

Everything else is 800 euros, and the worst part is....2ms speed on the monitor is practicly non existent? rather go fulL HD then have such severe ghosting problems.

So if possible can anyone find a cheap high speed monitor with this resolution, its hard to find them.
July 18, 2013 1:20:39 AM

DragonChase said:
Everything else is 800 euros, and the worst part is....2ms speed on the monitor is practicly non existent? rather go fulL HD then have such severe ghosting problems.

They are all pretty much all IPS or PLS. You won't find one with a 2ms response time.

Cheap TN panels which advertise super low response times are using Response Time Compensation to be able to make better looking numbers without actually improving the experience.

In other words, you can't compare the numbers for high-end IPS panels to the numbers for cheap consumer grade TN panels. It is likely that panels that DragonChase is referencing with similar advertised response times to these high end panels were actually much slower and using RTC to get the numbers down.

I own two Dell U2711 monitors and I have had a great experience gaming on them. I have never noticed any ill effects (no lag or any ghosting). The excellent color and great resolution are all I notice.
m
l
!