Old laptop = Toshiba Satellite L500 with core2 duo, 4gb ddr2 ram, ati mobility 4650
New laptop = Optimus IV (PC Specialist, Clevo w350etq) i5 3230m, 8gb DDR3 ram, nvidia GTX 660m
I want to take my 2 Samsung 840 250gb SSDs from the toshiba and put them into the optimus iv. One has my current OS on there and the other just has regular files nothing installed. I believe I can't just put them into the new laptop, but someone must have successfully done a similar type of transfer before so I need some advice.
I think I am lucky because I have 2 SSDs and one has the OS. Would it be best to:
1. Back up both SSD files and content onto external drive
2. Create win8 boot disk on Toshiba laptop
3. Format the non-OS SSD on toshiba laptop and transfer into optimus iv (that way if problems arise with boot disk, I still have a working computer and OS)
4. Use win8 disk to re-install windows onto new laptop
5. Providing step 4 is successful, format Toshiba laptop OS SSD and transfer onto the new computer
6. restore backed up files and clean install all programs I had before?
Would this work? Or is there a better way that someone would recommend?
More about :laptop hard drives implement completely laptop