Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

hd 7870 xt vs gtx 660 ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
July 18, 2013 11:10:45 AM

Hi, im looking for a graphicscard for my new build and i cant decide between this two options:

VTX3D HD 7870 black ed (taithi le) 190€
Asus gtx 660 ti direct cuII 200€

i will get them at exactly this prices at my local shop in my country (austria), so pls no newegg links and so on. i also dont want to hear a 760 advise since its quite expensive in my country (235€)

pls no amd vs nvidia and keep my local prices in mind. I also know that the asus will be much quieter and uses less power, but my primary point is the bang for my buck

thanks for your help

More about : 7870 gtx 660

a b U Graphics card
July 18, 2013 11:28:24 AM

They are quite similar. Unless you want PhysicsX, go for 7870 and save 10€.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
July 18, 2013 11:35:10 AM

get the 7870 xt the best perfrmer and the lowest making it the king among the three


here are the comparisons
7870xt vs 660ti

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7870-XT-vs-GeForce-GT...


7870xt vs 760
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-HD-7870-XT-vs-GeForce-GT...
Share
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
July 18, 2013 11:36:54 AM

dont forget to close the post by selecting the best answer
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
July 18, 2013 1:08:35 PM

gtx 760 is out of his budget
m
0
l
a c 624 U Graphics card
a c 159 À AMD
a c 416 Î Nvidia
July 18, 2013 1:45:49 PM

This chart is a summary of 18 of the most popular gaming benchmarks, with all cards using the latest drivers on one of the most respected review sites. The 7870XT is going to be about 5% below a 7950 right around the performance of the GTX 580. Benchmarks for individual games are included so that you can fine tune your decision based on the games that you actually intend to play.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GeForce_GTX_760_...
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
July 18, 2013 1:48:43 PM

yeah it would but check the post he has written the cost of it which is more

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
July 18, 2013 2:07:45 PM

byogamingpc said:
The 7870 XT costs more than a GTX 760 where I am.


Yeah but you have to read the op and not just the headline pls
17seconds said:
This chart is a summary of 18 of the most popular gaming benchmarks, with all cards using the latest drivers on one of the most respected review sites. The 7870XT is going to be about 5% below a 7950 right around the performance of the GTX 580. Benchmarks for individual games are included so that you can fine tune your decision based on the games that you actually intend to play.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GeForce_GTX_760_...


Thanks, I've already seen this one, but its quite difficult since there are also reviews where the HD 7950 and the 7870xt outperform the 660 ti. But most likely the truth is somewhere in the between and I think the real world performance will be more or less similar or?

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b À AMD
July 18, 2013 2:13:47 PM

mostly it is the 7870xt that wins the battle so go with it











dont forget to close the post by selecting best answer

m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
July 18, 2013 2:27:40 PM

guggi4 said:
Hi, im looking for a graphicscard for my new build and i cant decide between this two options:

VTX3D HD 7870 black ed (taithi le) 190€
Asus gtx 660 ti direct cuII 200€

i will get them at exactly this prices at my local shop in my country (austria), so pls no newegg links and so on. i also dont want to hear a 760 advise since its quite expensive in my country (235€)

pls no amd vs nvidia and keep my local prices in mind. I also know that the asus will be much quieter and uses less power, but my primary point is the bang for my buck

thanks for your help


Here's some more support for the 7870 LE (Tahiti):

Tom's GPU Hierarchy Chart

The Tahiti LE is ranked in a tier above the 660 Ti. Unless you have an issue with case temps the better bang for your buck is the 7870 LE (Tahiti).
m
0
l
a c 624 U Graphics card
a c 159 À AMD
a c 416 Î Nvidia
July 18, 2013 2:52:10 PM

guggi4 said:
byogamingpc said:
The 7870 XT costs more than a GTX 760 where I am.


Yeah but you have to read the op and not just the headline pls
17seconds said:
This chart is a summary of 18 of the most popular gaming benchmarks, with all cards using the latest drivers on one of the most respected review sites. The 7870XT is going to be about 5% below a 7950 right around the performance of the GTX 580. Benchmarks for individual games are included so that you can fine tune your decision based on the games that you actually intend to play.


Thanks, I've already seen this one, but its quite difficult since there are also reviews where the HD 7950 and the 7870xt outperform the 660 ti. But most likely the truth is somewhere in the between and I think the real world performance will be more or less similar or?


Performance will be similar, but there's no getting around the fact that the GTX 660 Ti is more a competitor of the 7950, rather than a 7870XT. That's why I pointed out that the chart summarized 18 benchmarks. Most sites are not going to include near that many, nor are they going to retest every card with the latest drivers.

What games will you be playing? Your best strategy is to go through that review and compare performance on the games you intend to play. There will be clear "winners" on one side or the other. Any PhysX games will clearly require the GTX 660 Ti. Just subtract that 5% from the 7950 score in each one to get the 7870XT score.

Ultimately, if I were buying a video card, I'd get the 660 Ti just for PhysX. If you assume that everything else is equal, you might as well go with the one that offers something the other one doesn't.
m
0
l
July 24, 2013 8:23:12 AM

I'd go with the 7870. Tahiti LE version will be great.
m
0
l
!