Solved

OC with i7 4770k

im wondering to see how far i can OC with this processor with a hyper 212 plus cooler and this mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130692
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4770k
  1. Of course you can i do not recommend trying anythying over 4.2ghz with that aftermarket cpu cooler though.
  2. bigcyco1 said:
    Of course you can i do not recommend trying anythying over 4.2ghz with that aftermarket cpu cooler though.

    Than what would you recommend to OC to say 4.5?
  3. There is a reason for the above admonition. Hyper 212 is a decent, but nonetheless value cooler. It is not a top end cooler and originally came out for the Sandy/Ivy specs

    Look at how these TOP end coolers do with haswell to understand what is meant:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-heat-sink-haswell,3554.html
  4. Buzz247 said:
    There is a reason for the above admonition. Hyper 212 is a decent, but nonetheless value cooler. It is not a top end cooler and originally came out for the Sandy/Ivy specs

    Look at how these TOP end coolers do with haswell to understand what is meant:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-heat-sink-haswell,3554.html

    but if i wanted to i can reach 4.0GHz and without any problems and keep a stable temperature using my cooler?
  5. Theoretically yes. Of course this depends on other factors, such as how well it is seated, the thermal paste used and how applied, case airflow, etc etc etc. They all work together my friend
  6. Best answer
    Bryan1590 said:
    bigcyco1 said:
    Of course you can i do not recommend trying anythying over 4.2ghz with that aftermarket cpu cooler though.

    Than what would you recommend to OC to say 4.5?



    I'd recommend Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK 140mm UFB (Updraft Floating Balance) CPU Cooler

    or the Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler for 4.5ghz or higher.
  7. Buzz247 said:
    Theoretically yes. Of course this depends on other factors, such as how well it is seated, the thermal paste used and how applied, case airflow, etc etc etc. They all work together my friend
    +1
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Cooling Intel i7 Processors