Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Which card? Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7950 oc Boost OR Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760

Tags:
  • Sapphire
  • Gigabyte
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
  • Gtx
  • Boost
  • HD
  • Radeon
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 19, 2013 4:36:36 AM

Which graphics card has a better price/performance ratio? i will be purchasing from amazon.

1)http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Ex...

OR

2)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DGM8B6O/ref=gno_car...

I will be buying one of these cards for sure. So any help is appreciated.

More about : card sapphire radeon vapor 7950 boost gigabyte geforce gtx 760

July 19, 2013 4:47:41 AM

Price/performance? GTX760 anyday. I personally own it and I can say it is fantastic. I'd also recommend looking at the MSI version, it was rated as the best of the GTX760s, as it remained cooler and quieter under load, while performing the same on all other tests.

Also, what resolution are you playing on? If it's only 1080p, with one monitor, 3GB on the graphics card is overkill, in case you stay with the 7950
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 4:49:03 AM

Without any doubt the GTX760.
Just a few points, though:
The '7950 has more memory, you may need to dial AA down a little on the '760 in certain titles to compensate.
The '760 is a long card, check it'll fit!
Check the power supply has the correct PCI-E leads to run the card you choose, it's OK to use 6-to-8 pin converters but not to use molex/PCI-E converters.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 19, 2013 4:54:25 AM

Kelthar said:
Price/performance? GTX760 anyday. I personally own it and I can say it is fantastic. I'd also recommend looking at the MSI version, it was rated as the best of the GTX760s, as it remained cooler and quieter under load, while performing the same on all other tests.

Also, what resolution are you playing on? If it's only 1080p, with one monitor, 3GB on the graphics card is overkill, in case you stay with the 7950


Yeah, ill be playing @1080p with a single monitor. So basically the best choice would be to go with the GTX 760?
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 4:57:05 AM

Damon Cabal said:
Kelthar said:
Price/performance? GTX760 anyday. I personally own it and I can say it is fantastic. I'd also recommend looking at the MSI version, it was rated as the best of the GTX760s, as it remained cooler and quieter under load, while performing the same on all other tests.

Also, what resolution are you playing on? If it's only 1080p, with one monitor, 3GB on the graphics card is overkill, in case you stay with the 7950


Yeah, ill be playing @1080p with a single monitor. So basically the best choice would be to go with the GTX 760?


Correct. It's cheaper, better performance on some games (had +10 FPS than HD 7950 on Far Cry 3, max settings), and the memory isn't overkill.
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 5:08:14 AM

coozie7 said:
Without any doubt the GTX760.
Just a few points, though:
The '7950 has more memory, you may need to dial AA down a little on the '760 in certain titles to compensate.
The '760 is a long card, check it'll fit!
Check the power supply has the correct PCI-E leads to run the card you choose, it's OK to use 6-to-8 pin converters but not to use molex/PCI-E converters.


Dialing sown AA won't bother me much and It'll fit in my case, i did the measurements for both of these cards.
So, getting the GTX 760 is my best bet?
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 5:10:02 AM

Only reason to consider an HD7950 in this case is if you overclock and if you can get it at a nice price, like under $280.
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 5:10:14 AM

Damon Cabal said:
coozie7 said:
Without any doubt the GTX760.
Just a few points, though:
The '7950 has more memory, you may need to dial AA down a little on the '760 in certain titles to compensate.
The '760 is a long card, check it'll fit!
Check the power supply has the correct PCI-E leads to run the card you choose, it's OK to use 6-to-8 pin converters but not to use molex/PCI-E converters.


Dialing sown AA won't bother me much and It'll fit in my case, i did the measurements for both of these cards.
So, getting the GTX 760 is my best bet?


Yes, just like I said on my previous reply. Cheaper, same performance on some games and better on others. No reason to get the HD7950. Even if it had better performance on some games, it'd still be way more expensive than it should.
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 5:16:47 AM

Kelthar said:
Damon Cabal said:
Kelthar said:
Price/performance? GTX760 anyday. I personally own it and I can say it is fantastic. I'd also recommend looking at the MSI version, it was rated as the best of the GTX760s, as it remained cooler and quieter under load, while performing the same on all other tests.

Also, what resolution are you playing on? If it's only 1080p, with one monitor, 3GB on the graphics card is overkill, in case you stay with the 7950


Yeah, ill be playing @1080p with a single monitor. So basically the best choice would be to go with the GTX 760?


Correct. It's cheaper, better performance on some games (had +10 FPS than HD 7950 on Far Cry 3, max settings), and the memory isn't overkill.


I'll also be running an AMD FX-8320? Will the GTX 760 still be a better choice overall or will the AMD HD7950 work better paired with an AMD cpu seeing as they are both AMD products?
m
0
l

Best solution

July 19, 2013 5:23:54 AM

I believe that the performance increases, if any at all, will be close to negligible especially if you take into account that you're paying 70$ more.
Share
July 19, 2013 5:23:58 AM

Novuake said:
Only reason to consider an HD7950 in this case is if you overclock and if you can get it at a nice price, like under $280.


The price for the HD7950 being at $330 does seem pricey compared to the nice $260 that the GTX 760 goes for.
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 5:31:10 AM

I will be getting the GTX 760 for sure. Thanks for helping me clear this up, you guys are awesome :D 

"Kelthar chosen as Best Solution"
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 5:35:45 AM

http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=AT-79503GB&c=C...
Well, that a very good card above at 254$ after rebate or 274$ before rebate...

Anyway, like I said, if you do overclock, the HD7950 makes sense at a price like that. But most people do not overclock much, which makes it pointless for most.

Just something to consider, my recommendation remains the GTX760.
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 5:36:26 AM

Kelthar said:
I believe that the performance increases, if any at all, will be close to negligible especially if you take into account that you're paying 70$ more.


Yes, 70$ more... :p 
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 5:38:11 AM

Thanks for best answer. Look around at other GTX760 though. I personally went with this one http://www.amazon.com/MSI-N760-TF-2GD5-OC/dp/B00DIH8OW8 as other websites mentioned it had better temperature/sound at load.

Unfortunately I can't find them. Also, it is currently out of stock on Amazon.com (if sold by amazon itself), so it's up to you to decide whether it's worth the wait or not. I personally hate noisy systems, so since those reviews mentioned the temperatures were pretty much the same except the MSI one was quieter, that was a sure deal.

@Novuake - that smilie looks creepy as hell when it isn't sticking the tongue out.
m
0
l
July 19, 2013 6:02:40 AM

Just checked Newegg for the MSi 760 and it was $259.99 with a free copy of Splinter Cell Black List($49.99 value) and had a $10 rebate which would make it $249.99 but then the price changed to $285 then i waited a few minutes and it went back to $259.99 -_- idk whats going on lol. I'm not in anykind of rush so ill wait a bit for the MSi 760 to get restocked on amazon but, if anything I'll be getting the Gigabyte 760 if the Msi 760 takes to long to get restocked.

Update: Since the price seems to be fixed and is now staying at $259.99, I'll just get it from Newegg for the $10 rebate and free $50 game.
m
0
l
July 20, 2013 2:03:25 AM

Damon Cabal said:
Which graphics card has a better price/performance ratio? i will be purchasing from amazon.

1)http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-DL-DVI-I-SL-DVI-D-PCI-Ex...

OR

2)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DGM8B6O/ref=gno_car...

I will be buying one of these cards for sure. So any help is appreciated.


Neither they will both soon be out of date when the new Radeon cards are out in October, save your cash wait until then, they should be true DX11.2 cards as well.
m
0
l
July 24, 2013 11:42:21 AM

Kelthar said:
Price/performance? GTX760 anyday. I personally own it and I can say it is fantastic. I'd also recommend looking at the MSI version, it was rated as the best of the GTX760s, as it remained cooler and quieter under load, while performing the same on all other tests.

Also, what resolution are you playing on? If it's only 1080p, with one monitor, 3GB on the graphics card is overkill, in case you stay with the 7950


maaaan why do people say 3gb for 1080p is overkill? games are nearly using 2gb just now i give 2gb vram a year!. I think buying a 2gb card is a complete waste of money it's not future at all. More vram the better so i would choose a 7950 or wait for a 4gb 760.
m
0
l