I will be building my first pc im hoping to use the same computer case.
My old pc specs:
- P5KPL/1600 motherboard
- 2x4GB of ddr2 ram
- Intel pentium dual-core E5200 2.5GHz
- Nvidia Gefore 9400 GT 1GB
- Seagate 500GB hard drive
- PSU - Amaroo 650 Platinum Model ATX 500W
Running dual monitors:
BenQ G22411HD (As Primary)
LG Electronics W2252
The New pc i am hoping to build:
- Asus P8Z77-V Pro LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770
- Seagate SATA3 7200rpm 1T
- SSD Intel 180GB 335 Series 2.5inch (for the OS)
- Kingston 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
- I would like to use the same Gefore 9400 GT graphics card, power supply hopefullyfuly same case (I believe both motherboards are ATX). Yes i know the GPU is incredibly outdated but it still runs the dual monitors fine. So theres no reason it wont be able to run the same monitors again with ease right?
From what i can see this setup should run pretty well.
What do you think?
And will this new setup still work with the same PSU, GPU and case?
And if not could u suggest some gear?
My Budget is $1000 and am hoping to get these products from Umart.
And the finaly thing is windows 8 worth it or should i go with 7?
Thanks all for the help
Never heard of Amaroo, get a name brand PSU, I'd say to get corsair since it's normally a good price for what it is. Also for $1000 that's a pathetically weak GPU in your computer, lastly I'd recommend a WD drive (just better). Do yourself a favor and stick with windows 7, I personally can't stand windows 8, but to each their own. Try out 8 at a local store, even though you have no intention of buying from them.
I would strongly advise against reusing the power supply in a new build, good quality 500W units are not too expensive, more efficient, usually quieter and offer better protection-you do n't want to "ruin the ship for a cents worth of tar" do you?