Solved

my computer wont boot up if my graphics card is connected.

I have recently bought a graphics card(geforce gtx titan) and I'm having a problem were when I start up my computer it just gives me a hp blue screen and wont boot up I've disabled the onboard graphics and made sure it wasn't because of my power supply and to add to the wierdness my computer will start up like normal if I just take out my graphics card.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer wont boot graphics card connected
  1. What type of motherboard are you using? PSU? Did you plug in the 8 pin power cables to the card?
  2. lazydj2 said:
    I have recently bought a graphics card(geforce gtx titan) and I'm having a problem were when I start up my computer it just gives me a hp blue screen and wont boot up I've disabled the onboard graphics and made sure it wasn't because of my power supply and to add to the wierdness my computer will start up like normal if I just take out my graphics card.


    Anonymous said:
    What type of motherboard are you using? PSU? Did you plug in the 8 pin power cables to the card?


    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02889484&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&contentType=SupportFAQ&prodSeriesId=5080737
  3. Your power supply is not powerful enough ( or high quality) to support a gtx titan. You should have done research before buying that overpriced space heater.
  4. Hakumisoso Terror said:
    Your power supply is not powerful enough ( or high quality) to support a gtx titan. You should have done research before buying that overpriced space heater.


    I ignore the powersupply as I bought a 1000watt powersupply which as no faults.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-1000W-Silent-Supply/dp/B006K2D806
  5. lazydj2 said:
    Hakumisoso Terror said:
    Your power supply is not powerful enough ( or high quality) to support a gtx titan. You should have done research before buying that overpriced space heater.


    I ignore the powersupply as I bought a 1000watt powersupply which as no faults.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-1000W-Silent-Supply/dp/B006K2D806

    oh ok, forget what i said then.
  6. Best answer
    You will have to upgrade your PSU. The GTX Titan requires a 600W power supply.

    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-titan/specifications

    Also, I don't think the stock cooling on that case would be sufficient enough to safely run the Titan. I wouldn't risk damaging a $1000 part due to lack of cooling or an inferior PSU.
  7. Ignore previous post then. Both 8 pin connectors are connected right? Are you able to try the card on a different motherboard and/or different graphics card in current motherboard?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Computers Boot Graphics