Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7770 vs. Asus HD 7770

Tags:
  • Asus
  • HD
  • Sapphire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 20, 2013 7:24:54 PM

Sapphire: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Asus: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Recently ran into problems with my 6770 so replacing my GPU and PSU. Besides the 10 dollar price difference, is there any notable difference between these two? Like if one stays cooler than the other or if one just has a little more "umpf" than the other? I know the Asus has 2 GB GDDR5, but is that really a big difference?

I also heard that the display drivers for the 7770's have given people grief before with BSOD and crashes and such. Seems like AMD drivers have problems alot of the times. IF that might be a problem should I get a gtx 650 Ti and avoid heartbreak? Any help would be appreciated.

More about : sapphire vapor 7770 asus 7770

a b Ĉ ASUS
July 20, 2013 7:39:24 PM

rhodesgamer said:
Sapphire: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Asus: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Recently ran into problems with my 6770 so replacing my GPU and PSU. Besides the 10 dollar price difference, is there any notable difference between these two? Like if one stays cooler than the other or if one just has a little more "umpf" than the other? I know the Asus has 2 GB GDDR5, but is that really a big difference?

I also heard that the display drivers for the 7770's have given people grief before with BSOD and crashes and such. Seems like AMD drivers have problems alot of the times. IF that might be a problem should I get a gtx 650 Ti and avoid heartbreak? Any help would be appreciated.


why are you paying 150$ for 7770 ??!??!?

get HD7850 !!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

edit : what is your budget ?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
July 20, 2013 7:42:30 PM

how about HD 7870 ghz eddition ?

have fun :) 

Edit :

even better 169$ only

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2J4ROE/?tag=pcpapi-20
Share
Related resources
July 20, 2013 8:12:31 PM

SNA3 said:
rhodesgamer said:
Sapphire: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Asus: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Recently ran into problems with my 6770 so replacing my GPU and PSU. Besides the 10 dollar price difference, is there any notable difference between these two? Like if one stays cooler than the other or if one just has a little more "umpf" than the other? I know the Asus has 2 GB GDDR5, but is that really a big difference?

I also heard that the display drivers for the 7770's have given people grief before with BSOD and crashes and such. Seems like AMD drivers have problems alot of the times. IF that might be a problem should I get a gtx 650 Ti and avoid heartbreak? Any help would be appreciated.


why are you paying 150$ for 7770 ??!??!?

get HD7850 !!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

edit : what is your budget ?


Don't worry man! I haven't bought it yet! Didn't know the 7850's were at such good prices. As far as budget goes, I'm hesitant to spend any mor than $200 but even that is stretching it to the limit. $150 seems like my good spot.
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 20, 2013 8:23:06 PM

rhodesgamer said:
SNA3 said:
how about HD 7870 ghz eddition ?

have fun :) 

Edit :

even better 169$ only

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2J4ROE/?tag=pcpapi-20


Aw man that's a tough one to resist. Even with the rebate, 189 is still a lot to pay up front. GRGRGrgr the choices.


its $169 not 189$ look carefully

Price: $184.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: $65.00 (26%)
Post-purchase rebate: $15.00 Get forms
Price after rebate: $169.99

$169 for 7870 GHZ Eddition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
m
0
l
July 20, 2013 8:59:43 PM

SNA3 said:
rhodesgamer said:
SNA3 said:
how about HD 7870 ghz eddition ?

have fun :) 

Edit :

even better 169$ only

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A2J4ROE/?tag=pcpapi-20


Aw man that's a tough one to resist. Even with the rebate, 189 is still a lot to pay up front. GRGRGrgr the choices.


its $169 not 189$ look carefully

Price: $184.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: $65.00 (26%)
Post-purchase rebate: $15.00 Get forms
Price after rebate: $169.99

$169 for 7870 GHZ Eddition !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Remember I said up front not what the cost would be? ;)  But yeah I totally agree that's an oustanding price.
m
0
l
!