Solved

Midtower case with 500w PSU for max. 70$

Hello!
I'm looking to buy a larger case for my computer (because the current one is tiny, will only fit LP cards) that wont break my bank. It should have a sufficient PSU for a 7850 (500W maybe?) and that it would fit my current motherboard on it (imedia S3840).
Thanks to all whom might answer!

Full specsheet:

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30GHz 35 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
6,00 Gt Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Packard Bell imedia S3840 (CPU 1) 29 °C
Graphics
Viseo 220Dx (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics Family
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST31000524AS (SATA) 33 °C
Optical Drives
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-219RS
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about midtower case 500w psu max
  1. Best answer
    I think your budget is too low to get something with acceptable performance. This is as low as Id go

    $70 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013
    $55 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1N8-001K-00002
  2. JackNaylorPE said:
    I think your budget is too low to get something with acceptable performance. This is as low as Id go

    $70 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013
    $55 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1N8-001K-00002


    I've seen some cases with integrated PSU's that come with the case itself. Are those good or rubbish? And if they're not good, does the case you linked fit my mobo?
  3. yes, the bundled PSUs are generally rubbish
  4. So what would you guys' suggestion be if i'd have a budget of 120 dollars/euros or, preferably even less for a PSU and a midtower case that would be ok for my system and a 7850
  5. u need to spend atleast 60-70$ for a quality 500W PSU and the rest u can put in a case
  6. jinayhvora said:
    u need to spend atleast 60-70$ for a quality 500W PSU and the rest u can put in a case


    Would you have any suggestions of what i should buy?
  7. which country are u from?
  8. jinayhvora said:
    which country are u from?

    I'm from Finland.
  9. here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gW5C in US prices 120$
    Seasonic is one of the most reliable PSU companies and this one is fully modular
    also the case is quite decent for its price
  10. jinayhvora said:
    here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gW5C in US prices 120$
    Seasonic is one of the most reliable PSU companies and this one is fully modular
    also the case is quite decent for its price


    The PSU you linked to me is 80 euros in finland so it is on the expensive side. I found this PSU and it is only 60 euros. http://www.silentrig.com/product/713/xfx-core-edition-pro-550w (finnish site).
  11. yes that one is also extremely good and manufactured by Seasonic, go for it
  12. How useful is a modular PSU? is it worth the extra price?
  13. cable management is very easy in a modular PSU compared to a regular one, but that's about it
  14. jinayhvora said:
    cable management is very easy in a modular PSU compared to a regular one, but that's about it


    Should i spend and extra 20 euros for a modular PSU?
  15. The one thing im worried about is that will the psu im bying support my packard bell imedia3840 mobo
  16. The one thing im worried about is that will the psu im bying support my packard bell imedia3840 mobo
  17. it should support as long as ur board is ATX/mATX
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Power Supplies Graphics Cards Cases CPUs