Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Render and playing at same time?

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
Share
July 22, 2013 12:56:15 PM

Okay, if I'am gonna play battlefield 3 on ultra and render a 10-15 min gameplay/commentery with only a color correction. How much ram will I need? Let's use battlefield 3 as example. If I'am rendring my video on one screen and I'am gonna play at same time I'am rendring. How much ram will I need?

More about : render playing time

July 22, 2013 1:10:08 PM

RAM won't be the only limiting factor trying to render video and play a video game at the same time. You'd be better off rendering when your computer is mostly idle and if money isn't an issue, build two separate systems.
m
0
l
a c 174 } Memory
July 22, 2013 1:10:53 PM

Axzevos said:
Okay, if I'am gonna play battlefield 3 on ultra and render a 10-15 min gameplay/commentery with only a color correction. How much ram will I need? Let's use battlefield 3 as example. If I'am rendring my video on one screen and I'am gonna play at same time I'am rendring. How much ram will I need?

Depends on your CPU and Motherboard. Maybe 16GB - 32GB should do the job but it all depends on how the CPU will take it. So let me know your motherboard and CPU model number?
m
0
l
Related resources
July 22, 2013 1:12:52 PM

Legohouse said:
Axzevos said:
Okay, if I'am gonna play battlefield 3 on ultra and render a 10-15 min gameplay/commentery with only a color correction. How much ram will I need? Let's use battlefield 3 as example. If I'am rendring my video on one screen and I'am gonna play at same time I'am rendring. How much ram will I need?

Depends on your CPU and Motherboard. Maybe 16GB - 32GB should do the job but it all depends on how the CPU will take it. So let me know your motherboard and CPU model number?


i5 4670k and MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming, Socket-1155. Can I render and play at same time without it's taking any longer time to render it and not losing any fps.
m
0
l
July 22, 2013 1:55:40 PM

Axzevos said:
Legohouse said:
Axzevos said:
Okay, if I'am gonna play battlefield 3 on ultra and render a 10-15 min gameplay/commentery with only a color correction. How much ram will I need? Let's use battlefield 3 as example. If I'am rendring my video on one screen and I'am gonna play at same time I'am rendring. How much ram will I need?

Depends on your CPU and Motherboard. Maybe 16GB - 32GB should do the job but it all depends on how the CPU will take it. So let me know your motherboard and CPU model number?


i5 4670k and MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming, Socket-1155. Can I render and play at same time without it's taking any longer time to render it and not losing any fps.


It will take longer to render and you will lose fps.
m
0
l
July 22, 2013 1:56:59 PM

hapkido said:
Axzevos said:
Legohouse said:
Axzevos said:
Okay, if I'am gonna play battlefield 3 on ultra and render a 10-15 min gameplay/commentery with only a color correction. How much ram will I need? Let's use battlefield 3 as example. If I'am rendring my video on one screen and I'am gonna play at same time I'am rendring. How much ram will I need?

Depends on your CPU and Motherboard. Maybe 16GB - 32GB should do the job but it all depends on how the CPU will take it. So let me know your motherboard and CPU model number?


i5 4670k and MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming, Socket-1155. Can I render and play at same time without it's taking any longer time to render it and not losing any fps.


It will take longer to render and you will lose fps.


How much fps? I'am gonna use gigabyte gtx 770 sli btw...
m
0
l
July 22, 2013 2:05:15 PM

Axzevos said:
hapkido said:
Axzevos said:
Legohouse said:
Axzevos said:
Okay, if I'am gonna play battlefield 3 on ultra and render a 10-15 min gameplay/commentery with only a color correction. How much ram will I need? Let's use battlefield 3 as example. If I'am rendring my video on one screen and I'am gonna play at same time I'am rendring. How much ram will I need?

Depends on your CPU and Motherboard. Maybe 16GB - 32GB should do the job but it all depends on how the CPU will take it. So let me know your motherboard and CPU model number?


i5 4670k and MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming, Socket-1155. Can I render and play at same time without it's taking any longer time to render it and not losing any fps.


It will take longer to render and you will lose fps.


How much fps? I'am gonna use gigabyte gtx 770 sli btw...


I don't know the exact numbers, but a lot. Is there a reason you can't render when you're not playing games?
m
0
l
July 22, 2013 2:07:13 PM

hapkido said:
Axzevos said:
hapkido said:
Axzevos said:
Legohouse said:
Axzevos said:
Okay, if I'am gonna play battlefield 3 on ultra and render a 10-15 min gameplay/commentery with only a color correction. How much ram will I need? Let's use battlefield 3 as example. If I'am rendring my video on one screen and I'am gonna play at same time I'am rendring. How much ram will I need?

Depends on your CPU and Motherboard. Maybe 16GB - 32GB should do the job but it all depends on how the CPU will take it. So let me know your motherboard and CPU model number?


i5 4670k and MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming, Socket-1155. Can I render and play at same time without it's taking any longer time to render it and not losing any fps.


It will take longer to render and you will lose fps.


How much fps? I'am gonna use gigabyte gtx 770 sli btw...


I don't know the exact numbers, but a lot. Is there a reason you can't render when you're not playing games?


But I mean if I get 16gb won't I lose as many fps while rendering?
m
0
l
July 22, 2013 3:23:48 PM

You will probably run out of CPU resources long before you run out of RAM. 16GB RAM and SLI 770s isn't going to matter if your CPU can't utilize all of it.

Again, why do you want to render while playing a video game?
m
0
l
July 22, 2013 3:25:47 PM

hapkido said:
You will probably run out of CPU resources long before you run out of RAM. 16GB RAM and SLI 770s isn't going to matter if your CPU can't utilize all of it.

Again, why do you want to render while playing a video game?


Because I wanna play 24/7 and I don't wanna wait 5 minutes till it render finish. But do you think 8gb will work fine?
m
0
l
July 22, 2013 7:01:36 PM

I've said several times, no, it will not work fine, but give it a shot anyway.
m
0
l
November 2, 2013 2:38:55 PM

an i5 for gaming AND Video editing? no you're going to need more than that! Get a i7 3770k cpu and either two gtx 680's or one gtx 690, and you could probably play BF4 with like 60-80 fps while rendering.
m
0
l
November 2, 2013 2:40:16 PM

also you'd want about 16gbs of ram. Ram doesn't really do much when it comes to rendering unless you're rendering a couple videos at once. 8gbs would do but I would get about 12gbs just to be safe
m
0
l
!