FX 6300 causing stutter?

Maher90

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
yesterday i had completely upgraded my PC from phenom 8650 x3 to the FX 6300 and ATi 7770 with 4GB ram and yet there are still stuttering just like the old one EXACTLY

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
I assume your talking about your games. The CPU upgrade would not have helped in the slightest.

Get RadeonPro. Add a profile for your game(s). Limit the FPS to, for example, 40. Is the stutter gone?

kid-mid

Honorable
May 1, 2013

up your budget Bro, or smaller resolution.
just tell him to grab two and run CF-X.

:p

Azrael47

Distinguished
I have the FX-6300 and it is overclocked to 4.1GHz. It is very much capable of playing CPU intensive games and I haven't come across any problems with it. The problem seems to lie in your Graphics card. I have the HD 7850 in one of my rigs which is newer than your 7770, and it can barely playing Crysis 3 at high settings. I recommend you invest in an Nvidia card (GTX 670 is a good choice) or purchase another 7770 and crossfire. You don't need to change your CPU (it is a great 6 core CPU and easy to overclock). Make sure that the GPU isn't underclocked in which ever program you can control the clock speed in.

I recommend you turn of in-game graphics enhancements such as AA or shadows.

kid-mid

Honorable
May 1, 2013

^THIS...

:na:

if anyone has read anything about crossfire (or experienced it for themselves like me), you would learn that it does not produce smooth gameplay and in many cases, frame output at the monitor performs not better than a single card, despite fraps measuring higher FPS, due to uneven frame spacing, dropped frames, runt frames etc. Noone should be recommending crossfire until amd fix their drivers.

Maher90

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Woh alot of comments ANYWAYS i tested RadeonPro on Skyrim but it only Hid the stuttering but it was present,secondly i read somewhere that the change of analogue to digital could cause some hiccup or something because i have a VGA monitor and i am using a DVI to VGA adapter,Thirdly I DON'T HAVE THE BUDGET FOR A Crossfire Jeez :l , Fourthly i am downloading the Fine "UnBugged CPU" games and i will test them out

Deus Gladiorum

Distinguished

It sounds like the DVI-to-VGA could be the issue here. If you have a DVI television or an HDMI cable and an HDMI compatible television, try testing it out on that.

If that proves not to be the issue, try turning off V-Sync. V-Sync adds major stuttering issues unless you're constantly above 60 frames or have an Nvidia Card to turn on adaptive V-Sync. Also, what speed is your RAM, and what's the supported memory frequency for your motherboard? This could also be the issue.

If you think about upgrading, I wouldn't trust crossfire for two reasons: A. AMD has not worked out the microstuttering kinks like Nvidia mostly has. B. That's too much for an FX-6300. If you really want to upgrade your GPU, go for a GTX 660 (standard) or a Radeon HD 7870. Anything better than those will create a bottleneck in your system (take it from me, a guy with a GTX 770 and an FX-6300 ;)).

EDIT: This is certainly not a CPU issue. Your CPU is more than enough to handle your GPU, and for two different ones to be faulty and causing stuttering is well within the range of improbability.

Azrael47

Distinguished
depending on the DVI to VGA adapter build quality you can have sever in-game experiences. For example when I had my first rig and got my new monitor I needed a DVI to VGA adapter and the one my friend let me borrow let me play at my monitors native resolution which was (1920 x1080) however when I received the one which I purchased from Amazon (which was about £3) it only allowed me to have the resolution at 1440x900.

I think it is to do with bandwidth issues.

with skyrim, i got stuttering on both my old single and dual 6850's, was actually less noticeable with the single card despite the lower fps, that was using a proper dvi cable, no adaptors. was most noticeable in large open areas. With my gtx660 it runs smooth as silk with higher detail settings. It could have also been a vram limitation, skyrim with HD texture pack uses more than 1gb vram at 1080p.

Maher90

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
Yeah Well i am not using ANY HD Texture or stuff and the most highest VRAM usage i got was like 700~ on High settings on 1360x768,i read too that ATi 7xxx have been suffering from this problem for long and i too found alot of stuttering in far cry 3 :(

EDIT:i got the Sapphire 7770 GHZ Vapor-X edition