1. What is your budget?
£1000-1100 (GBP) (Stretchable to 1200 if absolutely necessary)
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement Laptop
5. How much battery life do you need?
Not bothered, I NEED mobility travelling but don't mind keeping it plugged.. say 2 hrs
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Starcraft II HOTS (Ultra)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Now here's the issue.. apart from photoshop, I want to be able to edit 2k/4k as real time as possible with it. DaVinci Resolve color correcting 2k/4k
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any reputable online retailer, I might even consider second hand laptop to get more performance.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Got my eyes on Sager and Clevo laptops, or even Asus. Just...nothing fancy looking.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
As read here and there, it seems the gtx670 is a brilliant gpu choice, I don't know the technical details behind i7 3630/3930k etc etc. It seems at this price I can only go for 3630qm , I know 3930k would be awesome to have for 4k editing and what not, but you are the professionals, that's why I came to you. Please tell me as much info a you can on what I'm looking at with this budget, at least I know the possibility of editing 4k on laptops is there, at reasonable rendering times. I also want to know if 4k editing is not killing it if done repeatedly, I mostly came across just guys who have tried it and saw it worked well. I can't afford both desktop and laptop and I'm an EU student (studying Film), going in and out the country constantly. P.S.: Of course, I might even consider editing 2k, yet I want as much performance as possible for this money (which is A LOT in my agenda). Thanks guys, you shall be rewarded at the gates of Heaven
Dont worry buddy im here to help you out! Im not sure if you will agree with me but ill go with any of the new macbooks i have the 13" one and it is amazing but the higher end 15" is amazing for compressing 4k videos because its super fast SSD and the battery life on these laptops are amazing! they actually do last up to 9 hrs from my real time use! The 2 15" are pretty good for gaming also but the most expensive one comes with an NVIDIA GT750M which is pretty good for gaming. But these dont have blue ray writers . I would say also go for the MSI GT70 Dragon which is equipped with awesome specs too
macbook link http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro?product=M...
MSI Link http://www.xoticpc.com/msi-gt70-2oc065us-p-5777.html