Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

i3-3220 & gtx-650ti VS i5-3470 & radeon hd 7770

Tags:
  • Intel i5
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
July 25, 2013 4:41:50 AM

hello.. as the question says.. what is a better choice among the two if i want 3-4 yrs of good gaming. i know this question is asked many a times but still i want to get some more clarification on this if we exclusively want to play games for a decent time.. the gaming would mostly be single-player. also if i go for the i5 option then ill go for ga-h77m-d3h otherwise for the i3 i can adjust the ga-z77m-d3h easily in my budget. though i havnt overclocked my cpu or gpu ever.. but still i would like to know the options considering the LONG-TERM OVERALL PRICE to PERFORMANCE RATIO

More about : 3220 gtx 650ti 3470 radeon 7770

July 25, 2013 5:38:35 AM

If you go with the i5 you can upgrade to a better GPU later on.
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 6:22:55 AM

unreal9400 said:
If you go with the i5 you can upgrade to a better GPU later on.


but what if i take 650ti and upgrade the i3 later on? which option would last longer for gaming?
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 6:35:04 AM

Wait what? A $130 GPU with a $120 CPU vs a $190 CPU and $115 GPU? Kinda easy to say which is better... But for price/performance I would say get the i3 since with those GPUs it would not bottleneck
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:37:49 AM

bhavneesh said:
unreal9400 said:
If you go with the i5 you can upgrade to a better GPU later on.


but what if i take 650ti and upgrade the i3 later on? which option would last longer for gaming?

An i3 is still capable and produce respectable frame rate.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6985/choosing-a-gaming-cp...
I suggest going with i3 and 650ti to get the best performance in gaming.
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 10:24:47 AM

thdarkshadow said:
Wait what? A $130 GPU with a $120 CPU vs a $190 CPU and $115 GPU? Kinda easy to say which is better... But for price/performance I would say get the i3 since with those GPUs it would not bottleneck


thats y i said i ws combining the i5 option with h77 mobo and the i3 with z77 to balance the budget. now my ques is should i take h77+i5+7770 which would be about 30-40$ higher than z77+i3+650ti. and which option would last longer in terms of gaming if supposedly i dont upgrade any of my components for lets say another 5-6 yrs
m
0
l

Best solution

July 25, 2013 10:58:16 AM

I'd go i3 with 650 ti boost. The boost is only $10-20 more and quite a bit better.
Share
!