Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

my pc doesn't reconize my ethernet cable

Last response: in Networking
Share
July 25, 2013 7:23:15 AM

hi everyone

i just instalt an ethernet cable becease my wireles connection was verry weak
so i boegt an ftp cat 6 cable and plugt it into my router
and when i plug it into my pc it does nothing i have tried a lot and lookt on the internet for answers is there maybe someone who can help me

thanks jef
July 25, 2013 7:27:54 AM

Are your drivers up to date?
Check your computer management console to make sure.
Are you getting any specific errors or anything.. a little more description would be helpful. What does ipconfig /all say? etc..
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 7:32:39 AM

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\jef>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration


Ethernet adapter Tunngle:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : remobo.com

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 3:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9078:ec87:f3fd:56a0%15
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.100
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::5e35:3bff:fe3e:4bfc%15
192.168.0.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2620:9b::1972:b655
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::e194:1100:86f9:4cd4%17
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 25.114.182.85
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.0.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 2620:9b::1900:1
25.0.0.1

Tunnel adapter isatap.home:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home

Tunnel adapter isatap.{82AC7F9D-2BC9-47C7-B1A8-FB78FC892039}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:840:1de7:a11f:4982
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::840:1de7:a11f:4982%21
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

when i do ip config
and i get no errors it just don't do anyting

if u wanna now more just ask
m
0
l
Related resources
July 25, 2013 7:32:46 AM

make sure that the ethernet ports are not turned off in the bios in conjunction with what unoriginal said.

EDIT: never mind your post answered that. It is on. you post came through just before I posted this.
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 7:34:36 AM

Is the other end of the cable plugged in to your router? Is the network card disabled?
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 7:34:38 AM

how do i do that ?
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 7:35:41 AM

ss202sl said:
Is the other end of the cable plugged in to your router? Is the network card disabled?


it's pluged in
and network card disabled ?
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 7:45:42 AM

Right click on my computer and go to manage, in computer management go to devices and look for network devices. There should be a list if network devices. Just make sure they are not disabled, or have any errors or yellow triangles on any of them.
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 7:50:39 AM

Pop in the CD that came with your motherboard or the drivers CD if you bought it from a retailer. There should be a network driver located on it. Install and your ethernet port should work.
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 7:55:53 AM

ss202sl said:
Right click on my computer and go to manage, in computer management go to devices and look for network devices. There should be a list if network devices. Just make sure they are not disabled, or have any errors or yellow triangles on any of them.


ok i have don it and found 21 devices
so i watched they where al enabled
and then i tried to updat wab mini port ip and it says there is an error
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 7:55:53 AM

ss202sl said:
Right click on my computer and go to manage, in computer management go to devices and look for network devices. There should be a list if network devices. Just make sure they are not disabled, or have any errors or yellow triangles on any of them.


ok i have don it and found 21 devices
so i watched they where al enabled
and then i tried to updat wab mini port ip and it says there is an error
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 7:56:59 AM

burdenbound said:
Pop in the CD that came with your motherboard or the drivers CD if you bought it from a retailer. There should be a network driver located on it. Install and your ethernet port should work.


i don't now where my cd is
i whil take a look if i can find them
m
0
l

Best solution

July 25, 2013 8:03:38 AM

UEGjef said:
burdenbound said:
Pop in the CD that came with your motherboard or the drivers CD if you bought it from a retailer. There should be a network driver located on it. Install and your ethernet port should work.


i don't now where my cd is
i whil take a look if i can find them


They should also be online, just go to the manufacturer's website and grab them.
Share
July 25, 2013 8:04:39 AM

If you have 21 devices it seems like you may have several network ports. Have you tried them all?
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:05:43 AM

burdenbound said:
UEGjef said:
burdenbound said:
Pop in the CD that came with your motherboard or the drivers CD if you bought it from a retailer. There should be a network driver located on it. Install and your ethernet port should work.


i don't now where my cd is
i whil take a look if i can find them


They should also be online, just go to the manufacturer's website and grab them.


i did reinstal my driver and restarted my pc and it doesn't work

m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:06:47 AM

ss202sl said:
If you have 21 devices it seems like you may have several network ports. Have you tried them all?


first i had 6 and then i prest more actions and then there where 21
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:08:38 AM

If you have the correct drivers and it's still not working try a different cable. If that doesn't work then the actual port may be busted. You could buy a PCI ethernet connector or possibly a usb to ethernet connector and use that to bypass the one located directly on the motherboard.
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:15:08 AM

burdenbound said:
If you have the correct drivers and it's still not working try a different cable. If that doesn't work then the actual port may be busted. You could buy a PCI ethernet connector or possibly a usb to ethernet connector and use that to bypass the one located directly on the motherboard.


oke thanks
i whil try that if i coeldn't find another way

sorry for my bad english
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:16:38 AM

Have you tried turning off the wireless card then trying to run "troubleshoot problems" by right clicking on the Connection Icon? It is starting to sound like the OS is not set correctly.
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:18:46 AM

now i pressed cntrl alt del to see how fast my wireles is and i see there is a new connection so i put down my wireles and try to load youtube as a test and it works i think it is becaus of the drivers but i am not sure

thank u everyone u helpt me a lot how do i clos this question ?
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:21:12 AM

bgunner said:
Have you tried turning off the wireless card then trying to run "troubleshoot problems" by right clicking on the Connection Icon? It is starting to sound like the OS is not set correctly.


When you have two connections wireless and wired the wired will take precedence over the wireless. It's been that way since before xp. Shouldn't be the issue... But who knows :p . I think it's driver related imo. Per the ipconfig OP is getting a valid ip on both connection types (wired/wireless) which is normal.
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:21:53 AM

UEGjef said:
now i pressed cntrl alt del to see how fast my wireles is and i see there is a new connection so i put down my wireles and try to load youtube as a test and it works i think it is becaus of the drivers but i am not sure

thank u everyone u helpt me a lot how do i clos this question ?


You can contact a moderator and have them close it.

Or if you feel like you received an answer that helped you the most you can select them as the best answer.
m
0
l
July 25, 2013 8:26:41 AM

unoriginal1 said:
UEGjef said:
now i pressed cntrl alt del to see how fast my wireles is and i see there is a new connection so i put down my wireles and try to load youtube as a test and it works i think it is becaus of the drivers but i am not sure

thank u everyone u helpt me a lot how do i clos this question ?


You can contact a moderator and have them close it.

i have selected one i think it helps best for other people whit the same problem
Or if you feel like you received an answer that helped you the most you can select them as the best answer.


m
0
l
!