Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Non-OC gaming build around 1100$(trustworthy online merchants?)Help me out

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 25, 2013 7:58:21 AM

Hi guys,this is the gaming build i made here http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1kvz4

I am not familiar with this website,but it looks good,also i'm low on budges so prices here are minimum which is the best choice for me.What i am afraid of are these online shops really trustworthy selling at lowest prices?i always try to buy online from like amazon,ebay...


CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($120.67 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($70.33 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor ($167.48 @ Newegg)
Total: $1155.41

Note:I am not going to overclock anything,i am low on budget,so i did not take CPU cooler and SSD.

EDIT:i understand this may not be the place to post topic like that ,but i couldn't find the right place,after question is solved you can delete it...
Thanks in advance!
July 25, 2013 8:02:24 AM

If you are not going to get overclock than don't get a K sku. Also why go with LGA1155 when LGA1150 has been released especially since you are not overclocking?

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
July 25, 2013 8:10:43 AM
Share

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Performance ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($112.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.13 @ TigerDirect)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VH238H 23.0" Monitor ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $946.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-25 11:09 EDT-0400)

this is a great build for under $1000, amazing monitor, the gpu will work great for 1080p gaming. No overclocking ability (as OP stated).
Related resources
July 25, 2013 8:10:48 AM

mab79 said:
If you are not going to get overclock than don't get a K sku. Also why go with LGA1155 when LGA1150 has been released especially since you are not overclocking?


Thanks for replying,you are right,i wanted to go with i5 3570 non K version but it has 2600HD graphics not 4000,since i have no knowledge in stuff like that,i was afraid and assumed that with non K version i would not have better graphics than with K,this may not be related at all ,since i'm getting GTX770,but i'm noob sry...
as for Motherboard,i don't know anything about them as well,soif u could suggest another one at lower price would be good.I forgot to mention i am not going to Crossfire/SLI
July 25, 2013 8:13:37 AM

RaisingTheBarHD said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Performance ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($112.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.13 @ TigerDirect)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VH238H 23.0" Monitor ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $946.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-25 11:09 EDT-0400)

this is a great build for under $1000, amazing monitor, the gpu will work great for 1080p gaming. No overclocking ability (as OP stated).


Thanks for helping me out,so GTX760 will be enough to run games like battlefield 3 on ultra 60+fps?
July 25, 2013 8:18:05 AM

Bach0 said:
mab79 said:
If you are not going to get overclock than don't get a K sku. Also why go with LGA1155 when LGA1150 has been released especially since you are not overclocking?


Thanks for replying,you are right,i wanted to go with i5 3570 non K version but it has 2600HD graphics not 4000,since i have no knowledge in stuff like that,i was afraid and assumed that with non K version i would not have better graphics than with K,this may not be related at all ,since i'm getting GTX770,but i'm noob sry...
as for Motherboard,i don't know anything about them as well,soif u could suggest another one at lower price would be good.I forgot to mention i am not going to Crossfire/SLI


Go with something like RaisingTheBarHD suggested. Get the latest Z87 chipset (i.e. i-5-4670 non-k and an H87 motherboard (Z boards are for overclocking). Take the saved money and get an ssd, better graphics card or leave it in your pocket. Since you are getting the GTX 760 your integrated graphics do not matter. If between RaisingTheBarHD and I if we have solved your problem select a best answer.
a b 4 Gaming
July 25, 2013 8:19:11 AM

Bach0 said:
RaisingTheBarHD said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock H87 Performance ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($112.86 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.13 @ TigerDirect)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VH238H 23.0" Monitor ($144.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $946.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-25 11:09 EDT-0400)

this is a great build for under $1000, amazing monitor, the gpu will work great for 1080p gaming. No overclocking ability (as OP stated).


Thanks for helping me out,so GTX760 will be enough to run games like battlefield 3 on ultra 60+fps?


http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-760-rev...

check the article out, you will be getting about 70fps on average with the 760, you can still upgrade your gpu though if you want closer to that 1100 range, which would be the 770 and getting about 85fps on average but with the monitor having a 60hz refresh rate you will be good with the 760 and vsync so keep a solid 60fps
July 25, 2013 8:26:29 AM

Thank you for your help,please let me know if i am safe to purchase online from these merchants which are mentioned here pcpartpicker.com because this is why i made this thread
a b 4 Gaming
July 25, 2013 8:29:47 AM

Bach0 said:
Thank you for your help,please let me know if i am safe to purchase online from these merchants which are mentioned here pcpartpicker.com because this is why i made this thread


all of these sites are very trusted, i did not notice this before but the psu is from microcenter which is online available at the store, so just find either a newegg,amazon or something site that still has around the same price range
July 25, 2013 8:33:14 AM

RaisingTheBarHD said:
Bach0 said:
Thank you for your help,please let me know if i am safe to purchase online from these merchants which are mentioned here pcpartpicker.com because this is why i made this thread


all of these sites are very trusted, i did not notice this before but the psu is from microcenter which is online available at the store, so just find either a newegg,amazon or something site that still has around the same price range


Thank you,i'v got everything i wanted to know now
Sorry mab79
!