Solved

i5 4570 vs i5 4570S

The i5 4570 and i5 4570S both look pretty much the same to me other than the default clock speed for the i5 4570S is 2.9GHz and the i5 4570 is 3.2GHz yet they both have a Max Turbo of 3.6GHz, Also the i5 4570S is about £15 cheaper.

Which do you think is better and why?

Thanks is Advance

Bilal :)

ps. This is for a Gaming PC.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4570 4570s
  1. The big difference is in the TDP. The i5-4570 has an 84W TDP while the i5-4570S has a 65W TDP.
    That means the i5-4570 will operate at higher frequencies for longer before butting up against the max TDP.

    Overall, the i5-4570 will have a slight edge.
  2. subasteve5800 said:
    The big difference is in the TDP. The i5-4570 has an 84W TDP while the i5-4570S has a 65W TDP.
    That means the i5-4570 will operate at higher frequencies for longer before butting up against the max TDP.

    Overall, the i5-4570 will have a slight edge.


    Thanks but do you think that the i5 4570 is suitable for Gaming.
    I plan on pairing it with a Zotac GTX 660 Ti 2GB GPU and playing games like BF3, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 ect at High/Max settings. (lots of 3's :))
  3. Best answer
    The s versions are a lower tdp lower perfrmance lower clck versions f cpus
    The normal versions are better clocked full perfrmance version
    4570s is cheaper cz its less perfrming than 4570
    And yes fr gaming 4570 is the pick
  4. Yes, that's a pretty good CPU for gaming. In most of those games (BF3 multiplayer being a possible exception) you will likely be limited by your graphics card.

    Just be aware that if you plan on doing any overclocking, you'll need an i5-4670K.
  5. subasteve5800 said:
    Yes, that's a pretty good CPU for gaming. In most of those games (BF3 multiplayer being a possible exception) you will likely be limited by your graphics card.

    Just be aware that if you plan on doing any overclocking, you'll need an i5-4670K.


    I really am a noob so I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but can I still OC my GPU if my CPU doesn't support it?

    And thanks everyone for the help :)
  6. No worries.

    Your CPU and GPU overclock separately so you shouldn't have any issues overclocking your GPU with a i5-4570.
  7. Just o.c. Ur gpu and get a 4570 processor and there will b no issues
    Cpu and gpu o.c. Are two different things so go fr it


    Dont frget to close the post
  8. "s" editions are for environment friendly people who prefer to use less energy at the cost of greater performance.
  9. Sn1992-1361850 said:
    Just o.c. Ur gpu and get a 4570 processor and there will b no issues
    Cpu and gpu o.c. Are two different things so go fr it


    Dont frget to close the post


    Another stupid question I guess... but how do I close this thread or does a Mod do it?
    :??:
  10. No just select the best answer
  11. Sn1992-1361850 said:
    No just select the best answer


    oh.... haha
  12. BilalK98 said:
    subasteve5800 said:
    The big difference is in the TDP. The i5-4570 has an 84W TDP while the i5-4570S has a 65W TDP.
    That means the i5-4570 will operate at higher frequencies for longer before butting up against the max TDP.

    Overall, the i5-4570 will have a slight edge.


    Thanks but do you think that the i5 4570 is suitable for Gaming.
    I plan on pairing it with a Zotac GTX 660 Ti 2GB GPU and playing games like BF3, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 ect at High/Max settings. (lots of 3's :))


    A i5 cannot play crisis 3 on max settings unless its a 4670k at 3.6ghz+
Ask a new question

Read More

Default Speed CPUs Intel i5