Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need a new processor for a yet-to-be built budget gaming pc. And AMD or Intel??

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 26, 2013 8:51:36 AM

I am building a new cpu, so the first thing I need to buy is a processor. It'll be used mostly for gaming. Even though I don't really have a configuration but if you need I can tell you what I intend to buy,,
Also if you can suggest a suitable mobo.
I would also like to add that I building it on a budget.
The total budget is around 25-27k in Indian Rupees.
Thank you.
July 26, 2013 8:54:44 AM

Depends Intel is better for gaming but if you cant manage to afford a Intel CPU Go with AMD
m
0
l
July 26, 2013 9:18:50 AM

i think with a budget like that you should go with amd ... but i dont know how much computer components cost in india..
m
0
l
Related resources
July 26, 2013 9:52:26 AM

Can you tell me the name of any specific processor? Along with a motherboard?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 26, 2013 9:55:58 AM

Mandy i ll get u a built fr that budget
m
0
l
July 26, 2013 10:01:32 AM

For your budget which in USD is about $450? id say go with AMD. You can get a AMD-6300 for $119.99 or 7000 rupees. And for a budget motherboard go with any thing from Asus that fits your budget.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 26, 2013 10:29:35 AM
July 26, 2013 10:39:15 AM
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 210 à CPUs
July 26, 2013 10:58:45 AM

If you can get 1866 or 2133 MHz DDR3 RAM and stay under budget, that build would be great. With APUs you want as much RAM bandwidth as you can get, since it works for your system and the GPU on the die of the APU. 1600 MHz is slow in APU terms.

EDIT: Make sure whatever RAM you get, you get a pair of DIMMs (i.e. if you get 4 GB RAM you want 2x2 GB sticks), dual channel RAM on an APU is crucial, you will get up to 30-40% better performance from the on die GPU by having twice the memory bandwidth.
m
0
l
July 27, 2013 2:09:29 AM
m
0
l
July 27, 2013 2:46:39 AM

the a10 has a powerfull grapics card inside it...
But its never better then a single GTX 650 ti
but you budget is so low so this is the best build for the money
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2013 3:04:00 AM

If you really want a discret graphics card, strecht your budget a bit and go for a athlon x4 or even a fx 6300 with a am3+ board and a hd7750/7770
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 27, 2013 3:29:52 AM

LoneWarrior96 said:


Thats a great budget build


The issue is if u have a budget of 35k hen u can have a gpu and a fx6300 cpu
Otherwise the inbuilt graphics in 6800k chip are good to use
I tried to built the system with 7770 but it went upto 34 k approx
m
0
l
July 27, 2013 3:34:26 AM

Instead of an AMD if I get an Intel i3 or i5 and use my old Radeon HD 6670,, will that be a good build ??
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2013 3:44:32 AM

You can, but don't buy a i3, it gets outdated fast for gaming and a I5 is a big overkill for a HD 6670. You'll get higher frame rates with a cheap amd CPU and a cheap new card
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 27, 2013 3:46:19 AM

Later on add a 7770 ghz for 8200
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2013 3:56:34 AM

there is no point on pairing a i5 with a hd7770, there will be 90% gpu bottleneck and exactly no difference to a athlon x4/fx6300 with a hd 7770. better spend the saved money in a better gpu like a hd 7850 or a gtx 650 ti boost, you will recive much higher framerates!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 27, 2013 4:09:12 AM

There wont be bttleneck with i5 even if 7870 or7950 is used
Improve ur knowledge and stop givin solutions on ur assumptions
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2013 4:14:31 AM

Sn1992 said:
There wont be bttleneck with i5 even if 7870 or7950 is used
Improve ur knowledge and stop givin solutions on ur assumptions


wtf are you talking?! i said his graphics card will bottleneck with a i5 like with a lower cost amd, and that i should save some money at the cpu and spend it on a better graphicscard since the cpu wont make a difference with graphiccards at this level...

Better read the post before being rude
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 27, 2013 4:17:39 AM

Look in todays world most games are becomin cpu exhausting so its better if u get a balanced gpu and cpu
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2013 4:22:37 AM

but why get a expensive i5 that you better pair with a hd 7950 gtx 760 and so on and dont save some money and get a better gpu? would make much more sense since it will increase his framerates and for such low to mid graphics cards a fx 6300 is good enough to not bottleneck the gpu.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 27, 2013 4:27:29 AM

In india 7850 k is around 20k and it will go out f his budget
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2013 4:30:11 AM

ok i dont know the local prices but there is most likely a better card that he can afford with the savings from the i5 to the fx6300
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 27, 2013 5:03:19 AM

Here in india there is a huge price gap between 7770 and 7850
So i5 wud be good to go
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2013 6:33:47 AM

Why? Then just get a HD 7790 or a gtx 650 ti (boost)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 27, 2013 6:53:51 AM

those are even too expensive
650 ti boost is 17000rs
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 210 à CPUs
July 27, 2013 1:22:10 PM

The FX 6300 allows him to buy more GPU, which is more important than the CPU mostly at this point. The 6300 will not bottleneck in a CPU heavy game, and a better GPU would go much farther than spending the equivalent of $100 more for a CPU he will have bottlenecked by the GPU. The money is better spent on a GPU.

EDIT:

http://www.flipkart.com/amd-4-4-ghz-am3-fx-6-core-fx-63...

http://www.flipkart.com/msi-970a-g43-motherboard/p/itmd...

http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-radeon-hd-7790...

http://www.flipkart.com/evm-ddr3-4-gb-pc-ram-evmt4g1333...

http://www.flipkart.com/seagate-barracuda-500-gb-deskto...

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vs550-550-watt-psu/p/it...

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-hyper-212x/p/itmd...

This is what I would do, I would build that build, except the GPU, use your old GPU until you can afford the one I picked for you, and then upgrade to that.
Share
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 27, 2013 1:40:17 PM

8350rocks said:
The FX 6300 allows him to buy more GPU, which is more important than the CPU mostly at this point. The 6300 will not bottleneck in a CPU heavy game, and a better GPU would go much farther than spending the equivalent of $100 more for a CPU he will have bottlenecked by the GPU. The money is better spent on a GPU.

EDIT:

http://www.flipkart.com/amd-4-4-ghz-am3-fx-6-core-fx-63...

http://www.flipkart.com/msi-970a-g43-motherboard/p/itmd...

http://www.flipkart.com/sapphire-amd-ati-radeon-hd-7790...

http://www.flipkart.com/evm-ddr3-4-gb-pc-ram-evmt4g1333...

http://www.flipkart.com/seagate-barracuda-500-gb-deskto...

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vs550-550-watt-psu/p/it...

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-hyper-212x/p/itmd...

This is what I would do, I would build that build, except the GPU, use your old GPU until you can afford the one I picked for you, and then upgrade to that.


yeah nice build, thats what i tried to tell sn1992, but i think he thought that im a idiot since i dont have one of these buttons at my profile...
m
0
l
July 27, 2013 11:47:48 PM

Is it true that AMD is better than Intel for gaming ? And also the above build is great!! I could do that and buy a new gpu in a few months. So if I get the above build with my old gpu,that is HD 6670 will I need the psu and the cooler ?? And if not then maybe I could use that money and get a better processor is it's really necessary?? Or you guys think that this one's enough for gaming ? And I really can't thank you enough for your help guys ! It really helps a noob like me !
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a c 406 à CPUs
July 27, 2013 11:52:02 PM

No its not all depend on the budget if u have a budget then intel i5 is bttr than the 6 core fx that amd offer

I7 is bttr than the eight core cpu



But intel is much more pricy
m
0
l
July 28, 2013 12:19:25 AM

from alot of benchmarks ive read/watched between the fx8350/8320 and the i5/i7 k series .. it seems that theres minimal differences for gaming between the two, some games perform better on the intel some on the amd (but all games are playable) .. i am currenty researching into my first build and choosing a processor was difficult indeed

in the past my family has only ever had intel computers (i dont think by choice, it just so happened thats what my parents had bought from the local store) first one was a pentium 133 in the early 90s haha! 1gb hdd space

anyhow, this time i decided to go with amd because the savings i made allowed me to buy a better gpu.. and lets face it if your gaming - the gpu does most of the work

this is just my personal opinion though. people will tell you something different everywhere you go. So just choose what you think is right for your needs
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 28, 2013 2:48:32 AM

Mandy_k90 said:
Is it true that AMD is better than Intel for gaming ? And also the above build is great!! I could do that and buy a new gpu in a few months. So if I get the above build with my old gpu,that is HD 6670 will I need the psu and the cooler ?? And if not then maybe I could use that money and get a better processor is it's really necessary?? Or you guys think that this one's enough for gaming ? And I really can't thank you enough for your help guys ! It really helps a noob like me !


AMD is not really better, but this CPU is really sufficient with the other parts especially graphics card and there is no need to spend more money in the CPU since this one has great value for its quite less money
Liam Joyce said:
from alot of benchmarks ive read/watched between the fx8350/8320 and the i5/i7 k series .. it seems that theres minimal differences for gaming between the two, some games perform better on the intel some on the amd (but all games are playable) .. i am currenty researching into my first build and choosing a processor was difficult indeed

in the past my family has only ever had intel computers (i dont think by choice, it just so happened thats what my parents had bought from the local store) first one was a pentium 133 in the early 90s haha! 1gb hdd space

anyhow, this time i decided to go with amd because the savings i made allowed me to buy a better gpu.. and lets face it if your gaming - the gpu does most of the work

this is just my personal opinion though. people will tell you something different everywhere you go. So just choose what you think is right for your needs

+1
m
0
l
July 28, 2013 3:32:31 AM

So will my gpu, hd 6670 2gb be compatible with the motherboard msi 970a-g43 ??


m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a b À AMD
a b à CPUs
July 28, 2013 3:50:42 AM

Mandy_k90 said:
So will my gpu, hd 6670 2gb be compatible with the motherboard msi 970a-g43 ??




Sure
m
0
l
!