Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Does core i3 2120 bottleneck Hd7790

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 26, 2013 9:05:46 AM

Ive bought core i3 2120 and HD 7790. Are they a good combo for each other? Does i3 bottleneck 7790 or the other way around?
a b à CPUs
July 26, 2013 9:08:42 AM

Simple answer is no, but some games need 4 cores for good operation. If you didn't already have your CPU I would recommend the FX 6300 which is a much better CPU.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 26, 2013 9:12:37 AM

You will not have any problems.
m
0
l
Related resources
July 26, 2013 9:12:43 AM

kirilmatthew said:
Simple answer is no, but some games need 4 cores for good operation. If you didn't already have your CPU I would recommend the FX 6300 which is a much better CPU.


I know FX6300 is better but in pakistan it sucks. We DONOT have AMD chips :(  :( 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 26, 2013 9:21:01 AM

No it does not bottleneck.
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 406 à CPUs
July 26, 2013 11:03:51 AM

Cresidiant said:
kirilmatthew said:
Simple answer is no, but some games need 4 cores for good operation. If you didn't already have your CPU I would recommend the FX 6300 which is a much better CPU.


I know FX6300 is better but in pakistan it sucks. We DONOT have AMD chips :(  :( 



The i3 u have is hyperthreaded that means it has 2 more logical core in addition to 2 physical cores
A logical core is 60% equal to a physical core
So u r just 50-55% behind the i5

As far as quad core amd is concerned they are at par with ur i3
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-2120-vs-AMD-FX-43...


And as far as bttleneckin is concerned the i3 will not bottleck the card




Dont frget to close the post
Share
July 26, 2013 12:44:34 PM

Sn1992 said:
Cresidiant said:
kirilmatthew said:
Simple answer is no, but some games need 4 cores for good operation. If you didn't already have your CPU I would recommend the FX 6300 which is a much better CPU.


I know FX6300 is better but in pakistan it sucks. We DONOT have AMD chips :(  :( 



The i3 u have is hyperthreaded that means it has 2 more logical core in addition to 2 physical cores
A logical core is 60% equal to a physical core
So u r just 50-55% behind the i5

As far as quad core amd is concerned they are at par with ur i3
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-2120-vs-AMD-FX-43...


And as far as bttleneckin is concerned the i3 will not bottleck the card




Dont frget to close the post


Yeah i will after you answer my last question. Previously i had a dual core 2.8 GHz E5500 i upgraded to a core i3 . I felt some lag at high settings in Hitman absolution. was it due to E5500? Did it bottleneck HD7790 ?
m
0
l
a c 406 à CPUs
July 26, 2013 12:55:39 PM

Yes it surely was due to e5500 it has been bttleneckin 7790
m
0
l
!