Tape that connects heat sink and fan together in a laptop question

Hello, im new to this forum sorry if i am posting in the wrong section i couldn't find a heatsink question. I opened up my laptop and i notice this weird type of tape that is used to tape the heatsink and fan together. I wanted to know if any of you guys know what type of tape this is it kinda of has a rough surface and its black. And if i cant find the type what alternative tape can i use?should it be non conductive?thermal?both?
2 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tape connects heat sink fan laptop question
  1. bump
  2. Best answer
    They are peel-and-stick thermal pads.

    You may need different thicknesses based on what component is being cooled and its width of the gap to the heatsink that needs to be filled.

    Thermal conductivity will also vary based on the material that the pad is made from.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Heatsinks Fan Components