Solved

How can I check my motherboard and cpu is genuine or not genuine?

Hello friends
I am new on this website and also in computer department. I don't know much about computer parts.
So I want to know that how can i check my motherboard and cpu is genuine or not genuine.? I heard from some of my friends that there is many duplicate parts comes in market with tags of branded companies like Asus, Intel, Gigabytes etc... I heard we cannot judge that components like cpu mobo is genuine or not genuine. when we open the box, it is totally same as branded components. We just know that we start using pc and after few days its speed goes down.
Is it possible.?
I am so worried.
I was thinking to buy mobo Asus MAXIMUS VI GENE and cpu i5-4670k.
I am from India.
Please help me.
Thank you in advance.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about check motherboard cpu genuine genuine
  1. You should be able to pair up that MB and CPU, no problems.

    As far as the MB check, the manufacturer, model and revision number will be on the board. You can go to the manufacturer's web site and download new BIOS versions as well new driver versions for the MB.
  2. spooky2th said:
    You should be able to pair up that MB and CPU, no problems.

    As far as the MB check, the manufacturer, model and revision number will be on the board. You can go to the manufacturer's web site and download new BIOS versions as well new driver versions for the MB.


    Hii
    can you give me link or pictures where can I see which are differences between genuine or not genuine.? Sorry I m totally noob. I don't know where to check this model and cpurevision number.
  3. Here the Asus web site. Click on support to download the latest drivers and BIOS.

    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_GENE
  4. Best answer
    as far as i know, there are no fake mobos being sold. but i've heard before that there was some fake processor being sold but i think it wasnt the ivy and haswells i knew it was a lower version of intel processors and it was way back a few years already.
    look into google and you'll find your answer:)

    anyways why would you think that the item you have is a fake?
  5. spooky2th said:
    Here the Asus web site. Click on support to download the latest drivers and BIOS.

    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VI_GENE



    How can I check mobo hardware by Bios and drivers..?
  6. tech_twist said:
    as far as i know, there are no fake mobos being sold. but i've heard before that there was some fake processor being sold but i think it wasnt the ivy and haswells i knew it was a lower version of intel processors and it was way back a few years already.
    look into google and you'll find your answer:)

    anyways why would you think that the item you have is a fake?


    I am going to buy mobo and cpu my friends said that there is many fake hardware is available in market so I was worried.
    That's why I put this question . By the way thanks for reply.
  7. When you first boot up the computer you should see the BIOS version on the screen. And you will have to load the drivers after the windows install. They will be on the MB driver disk or better yet just download the newest versions at the Asus web site and install them.
  8. Thanks for help friends . Thank you very much.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers CPUs Motherboards