Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Wireless gaming mouse

Last response: in Components
Share
July 28, 2013 12:37:35 AM

After stepping up to 1080p I've noticed that my old mouse isn't quick enough to move easily around the screen. I'm currently looking for a basic wireless gaming mouse with 1600 dpi (I've read this is the sweet spot).

I'm trying to keep this cheap for now, since I'll also be buying some speakers for my new computer this week.

So, I've narrowed it down to two mice off of amazon, both are cheap, and look comfortable enough. They have generally positive reviews and seem like they would both be ok choices for me.

I'm just kind of torn between the two, I can't decide which one to get.

Any suggests? I've always played using a claw grip, so which of these two would best suit the "claw grip"?

Oh, any suggested mice must be "wireless", I have always loathed wired mice. The wires always seem to get stuck on something, and get in the way of my mouse movements. After years of now using wireless, I just can't go back.


Anker
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wireless-Programmable-Adjus...

HDE
http://www.amazon.com/2000dpi-Perfect-Gaming-Durable-Wi...

More about : wireless gaming mouse

a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2013 2:06:09 AM

chargeit said:
After stepping up to 1080p I've noticed that my old mouse isn't quick enough to move easily around the screen. I'm currently looking for a basic wireless gaming mouse with 1600 dpi (I've read this is the sweet spot).

I'm trying to keep this cheap for now, since I'll also be buying some speakers for my new computer this week.

So, I've narrowed it down to two mice off of amazon, both are cheap, and look comfortable enough. They have generally positive reviews and seem like they would both be ok choices for me.

I'm just kind of torn between the two, I can't decide which one to get.

Any suggests? I've always played using a claw grip, so which of these two would best suit the "claw grip"?

Oh, any suggested mice must be "wireless", I have always loathed wired mice. The wires always seem to get stuck on something, and get in the way of my mouse movements. After years of now using wireless, I just can't go back.


Anker
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wireless-Programmable-Adjus...

HDE
http://www.amazon.com/2000dpi-Perfect-Gaming-Durable-Wi...


why wireless ? it is not a controller ... get a wired mouse better.
July 28, 2013 11:04:07 AM

SNA3 said:
chargeit said:
After stepping up to 1080p I've noticed that my old mouse isn't quick enough to move easily around the screen. I'm currently looking for a basic wireless gaming mouse with 1600 dpi (I've read this is the sweet spot).

I'm trying to keep this cheap for now, since I'll also be buying some speakers for my new computer this week.

So, I've narrowed it down to two mice off of amazon, both are cheap, and look comfortable enough. They have generally positive reviews and seem like they would both be ok choices for me.

I'm just kind of torn between the two, I can't decide which one to get.

Any suggests? I've always played using a claw grip, so which of these two would best suit the "claw grip"?

Oh, any suggested mice must be "wireless", I have always loathed wired mice. The wires always seem to get stuck on something, and get in the way of my mouse movements. After years of now using wireless, I just can't go back.


Anker
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wireless-Programmable-Adjus...

HDE
http://www.amazon.com/2000dpi-Perfect-Gaming-Durable-Wi...


why wireless ? it is not a controller ... get a wired mouse better.


Wired is the past man. I dealt with wired mice back in the 90's and hated every minute of it.

Like I mentioned, after 10 years or so of using nothing but wireless, I could never go back. Sucks though, wired tend to be cheaper.
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2013 7:57:28 PM
Share

chargeit said:
SNA3 said:
chargeit said:
After stepping up to 1080p I've noticed that my old mouse isn't quick enough to move easily around the screen. I'm currently looking for a basic wireless gaming mouse with 1600 dpi (I've read this is the sweet spot).

I'm trying to keep this cheap for now, since I'll also be buying some speakers for my new computer this week.

So, I've narrowed it down to two mice off of amazon, both are cheap, and look comfortable enough. They have generally positive reviews and seem like they would both be ok choices for me.

I'm just kind of torn between the two, I can't decide which one to get.

Any suggests? I've always played using a claw grip, so which of these two would best suit the "claw grip"?

Oh, any suggested mice must be "wireless", I have always loathed wired mice. The wires always seem to get stuck on something, and get in the way of my mouse movements. After years of now using wireless, I just can't go back.


Anker
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wireless-Programmable-Adjus...

HDE
http://www.amazon.com/2000dpi-Perfect-Gaming-Durable-Wi...


why wireless ? it is not a controller ... get a wired mouse better.


Wired is the past man. I dealt with wired mice back in the 90's and hated every minute of it.

Like I mentioned, after 10 years or so of using nothing but wireless, I could never go back. Sucks though, wired tend to be cheaper.


:)  for GAMING , wired is better and MORE Accurate .

we are talking about GAMING.

Most Top Gaming Mouse are Wired :) 

cheaper ? :) 

look at this : http://www.t3.com/features/best-gaming-mouse-to-buy

look at this :

1- Razer Ouroboros

2- Gigabyte Aivia Krypton

3- Cooler Master CM Storm Sentinel Zero+G Mouse

4- Corsair Vengeance M95 Laser Gaming Mouse Gunmetal Black

5- Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS Laser Gaming Mouse Arctic white

6- Microsoft SideWinder X3 Gaming Mouse

July 28, 2013 10:19:05 PM

SNA3 said:
chargeit said:
SNA3 said:
chargeit said:
After stepping up to 1080p I've noticed that my old mouse isn't quick enough to move easily around the screen. I'm currently looking for a basic wireless gaming mouse with 1600 dpi (I've read this is the sweet spot).

I'm trying to keep this cheap for now, since I'll also be buying some speakers for my new computer this week.

So, I've narrowed it down to two mice off of amazon, both are cheap, and look comfortable enough. They have generally positive reviews and seem like they would both be ok choices for me.

I'm just kind of torn between the two, I can't decide which one to get.

Any suggests? I've always played using a claw grip, so which of these two would best suit the "claw grip"?

Oh, any suggested mice must be "wireless", I have always loathed wired mice. The wires always seem to get stuck on something, and get in the way of my mouse movements. After years of now using wireless, I just can't go back.


Anker
http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wireless-Programmable-Adjus...

HDE
http://www.amazon.com/2000dpi-Perfect-Gaming-Durable-Wi...


why wireless ? it is not a controller ... get a wired mouse better.


Wired is the past man. I dealt with wired mice back in the 90's and hated every minute of it.

Like I mentioned, after 10 years or so of using nothing but wireless, I could never go back. Sucks though, wired tend to be cheaper.


:)  for GAMING , wired is better and MORE Accurate .

we are talking about GAMING.

Most Top Gaming Mouse are Wired :) 

cheaper ? :) 

look at this : http://www.t3.com/features/best-gaming-mouse-to-buy

look at this :

1- Razer Ouroboros

2- Gigabyte Aivia Krypton

3- Cooler Master CM Storm Sentinel Zero+G Mouse

4- Corsair Vengeance M95 Laser Gaming Mouse Gunmetal Black

5- Corsair Vengeance M65 FPS Laser Gaming Mouse Arctic white

6- Microsoft SideWinder X3 Gaming Mouse



I think you might of mistook what I meant as cheaper. I mean that for a comparable mouse, the wireless would cost more.

Yea, kind of more than I want. I'm not a big FPS'er. I do play them on occasion, but, I'm not great at them and I don't think a 170 dollar mouse is going to change that.

Even if I did decide that I couldn't live without a 170 dollar mouse, my ol'lady would most likely disagree. I was thinking along the lines of the ones I posted, or something like this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It's also worth note that I've read that anything over 1600 dpi is really only needed for multi screen set ups. Which I don't have on my gaming rig.

Thanks for pointing me towards those mice, I'll show a few of them to the ol'lady, it will lessen the shock of me buying a 40 or 50 dollar one later. I'll be able to say "Well, I could of gone for the razer.". =D
July 29, 2013 11:16:02 AM

I noticed last night that I play finger tip style, not claw. The only things touching my mouse while I game are my thumb and three fingers (not pinkie). So, I guess I need a mouse that works well with this style.
!