1150 Motherboard Recommendation

Marin Gee

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
I've had an old non functioning rig I wanted to upgrade, just really need the mobo/cpu+hs/memory. Don't plan on overclocking, don't plan on going sli, just want something that will work nicely for media (hdmi+optical preferred due to projector/surround sound) and some gaming.

Plan on going with a 4th gen intel CPU, probably i5-4670K. On a very tight budget... what mobo do you recommend that's inexpensive, but good enough to last and possibly get upgraded in the future to a higher end GPU/CPU (don't plan on upgrading or going SLI in the future either).

Was looking at the MSI Z87-G41 from here: http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx. If something's cheaper that would still work, then I'm good with that.

Marin Gee

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
I was doing some more research on the processor, and it seems like these new processors can be overclocked without an issue and still last like 5 years or so.... without getting into a debate on whether to OC the processor or not (which I may do later, not now)... would the MSI be suitable enough for OCing in the future?