$700 gaming pc - a complete beginner but will build.

prsguitar

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: November or December 2013

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) After Rebates After Shipping 700

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, gaming only.

Are you buying a monitor: No (if my HDTV will be sufficient, it says the PC interface is VGA (HD-15)

Parts to Upgrade: I have nothing, all new parts needed except monitor

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website for Parts: As I am new to this, I don't have any bias towards a certain website. Whatever is most convenient for you.

Parts Preferences: by brand or type Again, new to this, don't have an opinion yet. I am typing on a mac right now.

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: -Most efficiently priced.
-Nothing besides cost is an issue.
-I don't mind running on medium.
-I will be playing games not focused on graphics (arma 2, planetside, ruse etc.) but big servers.
-I prefer the cheapest case as long as all parts fit and nothing overheats etc. I personally don't see a point in $100 ones

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I feel like the new gaming systems are just greedy scams because of all of the processing power these things have that are still used to put 24 people in a lobby, BF3 for example.

I have a mac for personal use so I can't do games, but there is no way I am wasting money on these new consoles when I can play games with hundreds (to thousands for planetside 2) of people in a lobby. With no annual fee and games that aren't $60.

Solution
If your purchase date is that far out, anything we put together right now is going to be a moot point. You best bet is going to be saving your money, and buy your parts on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Tons of good deals so your money will go farther. Also, the newest tech will be out, and we'll be able to give you a better idea then. Post this same topic and plan on making a purchase within 24 hours on Thanksgiving.
If your purchase date is that far out, anything we put together right now is going to be a moot point. You best bet is going to be saving your money, and buy your parts on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Tons of good deals so your money will go farther. Also, the newest tech will be out, and we'll be able to give you a better idea then. Post this same topic and plan on making a purchase within 24 hours on Thanksgiving.

Solution

prsguitar

Honorable
Jul 28, 2013

Thanks, see you all in a few months