Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best pc for under $600

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 28, 2013 10:54:52 PM

... Without OS ,monitor,speakers,keyboard,and mouse.Got them covered already.

More about : 600

July 28, 2013 11:15:15 PM

Glens Nicholas said:
... Without OS ,monitor,speakers,keyboard,and mouse.Got them covered already.


Are you from the United States? Also... What kind of PC do you want? A gaming PC? A more basic setup for just music, movies, homework? What games specifically do you want to play if you want a gaming desktop? The reason I ask this is because some games are more CPU intensive while most others are more GPU intensive. And finally what is the make and model of your monitor? That information will help in finding a graphics card that fits your needs the best.

Best solution

July 28, 2013 11:22:37 PM
Share

Glens Nicholas said:
... Without OS ,monitor,speakers,keyboard,and mouse.Got them covered already.


What about this.....It'll max out anything @ 1080p (except of course crisis 3)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1lQn6
Related resources
July 28, 2013 11:29:18 PM

theonerm2 said:
Glens Nicholas said:
... Without OS ,monitor,speakers,keyboard,and mouse.Got them covered already.


Are you from the United States? Also... What kind of PC do you want? A gaming PC? A more basic setup for just music, movies, homework? What games specifically do you want to play if you want a gaming desktop? The reason I ask this is because some games are more CPU intensive while most others are more GPU intensive. And finally what is the make and model of your monitor? That information will help in finding a graphics card that fits your needs the best.


No ,I'm from Indonesia . I want to emulate the ps2 and wii and psp with high setting if possible .. But aside from that,nope. I won't play something like bioshock infinite on it because I have the ps3 for that.I'll mainly using it for emulators . I will watch a lot of movies and series too .My laptop lags badly when using madvr at the highest setting (it's a high quality,GPU assisted video renderer) . So I want to build a PC can handle madvr at max setting . I think 600 is enough . But correct me if I'm wrong , thanks ! For the monitor,I'm using a 43" samsung plasma TV (the PS43e450 model to be exact,it's a 720p plasma so I don't need 1080p settings)
July 28, 2013 11:43:18 PM

Edit: Forget everything I wrote below. It's valid, but I like ayushde's suggested build so much more.



Hi Glens, you're going to have to be more specific. Where you are in the world matters a lot, and if you have preferences for brands.

There are a lot of posts on Toms already about this exact topic.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($74.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7790 1GB Video Card ($99.80 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill REDBONE U3 ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $562.73
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-29 02:28 EDT-0400)

Made quickly without regard to optimize things, though I'd say it is decent.

You could of course go AMD

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($118.97 @ Outlet PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($56.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($85.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 1GB Video Card ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Rosewill REDBONE U3 ATX Mid Tower Case ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $606.91
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-29 02:34 EDT-0400)

Notice how they're almost identical? Maybe I got lazy, maybe I liked what I picked the first time.

Either way, the Intel build (arguably) offers more performance in games, but the AMD build has twice the threads, which might be of interest to you. Notice I went AMD for Intel and Nvidia for AMD? That's because they offer very very very similar performance (as an average, obviously case by case it changes) but the 650ti Boost has CUDA support. If you went AMD because you needed cheap threads, CUDA might also be a good idea.

Point to consider, you can swap the GPUs between the builds freely, it makes no difference.

Also point to consider, the Intel build has almost not OCing room due to a locked multiplier, but the AMD is totally unlocked.

There are a lot of points though, what if you want AMD for gaming? Then get the 6350 instead of the 8320, and put the extra cash towards a decent 7850. For Intel? Maybe go with an Ivy i3 and do the same thing, spend more on the GPU (Maybe get the 660?)

Hope my much longer post than I indented to write helps, even though it's 2:45am here, and I'm not proof reading.
a b C Monitor
July 29, 2013 12:18:55 AM

Buddy , this will be Awesome !! : http://pcpartpicker.com/user/KareemGT/saved/23ID

you can play 98% of games on Ultra with good FPS

Also it's a good future proof since the FX-8320 is an 8 cores processor which means beast multithreaded performance which will be used for future upcoming games .
July 29, 2013 12:25:01 AM

KareemGT said:
Buddy , this will be Awesome !! : http://pcpartpicker.com/user/KareemGT/saved/23ID

you can play 98% of games on Ultra with good FPS

Also it's a good future proof since the FX-8320 is an 8 cores processor which means beast multithreaded performance which will be used for future upcoming games .


1- 1 stick of ram really hampers the performance of fx cpus....

2- Why not couple a aftermarket cooler incase he wants to OC in the future..

3- Wifi adapter ??
a b C Monitor
July 29, 2013 12:30:22 AM

ayushde said:
KareemGT said:
Buddy , this will be Awesome !! : http://pcpartpicker.com/user/KareemGT/saved/23ID

you can play 98% of games on Ultra with good FPS

Also it's a good future proof since the FX-8320 is an 8 cores processor which means beast multithreaded performance which will be used for future upcoming games .


1- 1 stick of ram really hampers the performance of fx cpus....

2- Why not couple a aftermarket cooler incase he wants to OC in the future..

3- Wifi adapter ??



1- 1 stick of ram really hampers the performance of fx cpus.... - why ?? DDR3 @ 1600 !! *EDIT* : ohh sorry , now i noticed that it's 1 stick hhhh my bad :D  .

2- Why not couple a aftermarket cooler incase he wants to OC in the future.. "BUDGET :"

3- Wifi adapter ??[/quotemsg] - what wifi adapter ?!!

a b C Monitor
July 29, 2013 12:47:24 AM

@ayushde:
That's a great pc build. Only thing I would change is the cpu cooler, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is a better option.
Also, I would recommend the Corsair 300r for the same price.
July 29, 2013 12:47:41 AM

KareemGT said:
ayushde said:
KareemGT said:
Buddy , this will be Awesome !! : http://pcpartpicker.com/user/KareemGT/saved/23ID

you can play 98% of games on Ultra with good FPS

Also it's a good future proof since the FX-8320 is an 8 cores processor which means beast multithreaded performance which will be used for future upcoming games .


1- 1 stick of ram really hampers the performance of fx cpus....

2- Why not couple a aftermarket cooler incase he wants to OC in the future..

3- Wifi adapter ??



1- 1 stick of ram really hampers the performance of fx cpus.... - why ?? DDR3 @ 1600 !! *EDIT* : ohh sorry , now i noticed that it's 1 stick hhhh my bad :D  .

2- Why not couple a aftermarket cooler incase he wants to OC in the future.. "BUDGET :"

3- Wifi adapter ??
- what wifi adapter ?!!

[/quotemsg]

1- 2 Sticks of ram help the cpu to run in dual channel mode and help increase performance due to increased bandwidth.

2- Yes....But adding a 30$ cooler wouldn't make a huge difference in the budget...but it will really help in keeping the temps cool..

3- I meant what about adding a wifi/wireless adapter so that the person can use wifi networks incase he currently owns (or decides to buy) a wifi router...
July 29, 2013 12:50:11 AM

realchaos said:
@ayushde:
That's a great pc build. Only thing I would change is the cpu cooler, the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is a better option.
Also, I would recommend the Corsair 300r for the same price.


Isnt the zalman cnps10x good??? I heard that it was decent... :??: 

Just asking for my knowledge by the way..
a b C Monitor
July 29, 2013 12:55:29 AM

It's alright. Typically, nothing can beat the Hyper 212 EVO at it's price.
July 29, 2013 1:10:31 AM

Thanks for the answers guys . Should I go with intel for the processor ? I heard it's better than amd . But I'm looking for the best value possible .
July 29, 2013 1:17:27 AM

Glens Nicholas said:
Thanks for the answers guys . Should I go with intel for the processor ? I heard it's better than amd . But I'm looking for the best value possible .


If you are gaming then go with amd....They are cheaper but perform similarly to intel cpus in gaming.

But if do any cpu intensive stuff other than gaming then go with intel...
a b C Monitor
July 29, 2013 1:19:57 AM

Glens Nicholas said:
Thanks for the answers guys . Should I go with intel for the processor ? I heard it's better than amd . But I'm looking for the best value possible .


The best Value CPU at the market is the FX-8320 8 cores processor for 160 $ only

it's beast for multithreaded performance even better than the i5-3570k in multithreaded apps .
but the i5-3570k is better in single core performance which means it's better for current games but the FX-8320 is not that far behind , it's only around less than 10 FPS : http://cdn.overclock.net/5/55/350x700px-LL-55220945_900... .

but for an future proof , the FX-8320 would be better since the next gen games will start using more than 4 core in gaming

performance using all core : if-8320 are better than the i5-3570k .

( check this out : http://cdn.overclock.net/f/fc/900x900px-LL-fc6a1784_win... , it's much better using all cores )

July 29, 2013 11:41:33 AM

Thanks . What about the GPU ? What's the best value GPU out there ? I'll be using the highest setting for madvr so I don't want it to lag .
a b C Monitor
July 29, 2013 11:52:43 AM

Glens Nicholas said:
Thanks . What about the GPU ? What's the best value GPU out there ? I'll be using the highest setting for madvr so I don't want it to lag .


what is your budget for the Graphics Card only ? ?

However , the HD 7870 is one of the best value Cards in the market .

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card ($166.10 @ Newegg)
Total: $166.10
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-07-29 14:58 EDT-0400)
July 29, 2013 12:21:38 PM

Lower than 200 . I don't want my PC to go over 700 . I guess I'll be taking your reccomended GPU and CPU . Thanks ! About the other components, what else affects performance other than RAM ? Also,what's the best value RAM out there ?
a b C Monitor
July 29, 2013 12:30:12 PM

Glens Nicholas said:
Lower than 200 . I don't want my PC to go over 700 . I guess I'll be taking your reccomended GPU and CPU . Thanks ! About the other components, what else affects performance other than RAM ? Also,what's the best value RAM out there ?


take the Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3 @ 1600
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-memory-cmz8gx3m2a1...

good luck with your build buddy .

can you please close this thread by choosing the best answer if you done ? .
!