Solved

What kind of PSU is compatible with this case and mobo?

The case is:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119240

and the mobo is: http://www.microcenter.com/product/387554/Z77_Extreme4_Socket_LGA_1155_Z77_ATX_Intel_Motherboard

The case said its ATX PS2 / EPS 12V (optional ) and i have no clue what that means. I just need a clarification.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about kind psu compatible case mobo
  1. Any standard PSU with an 8-pin EPS12V connector, which is pretty much all of them. Depending on the rest of your build, I'd recommend something 500W+ from the brands in my sig.
  2. jcachola said:
    The case is:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119240

    and the mobo is: http://www.microcenter.com/product/387554/Z77_Extreme4_Socket_LGA_1155_Z77_ATX_Intel_Motherboard

    The case said its ATX PS2 / EPS 12V (optional ) and i have no clue what that means. I just need a clarification.


    Dont worry the case has nothing to do with it .. they are saying that there is an optional power supply that comes with it if you want.

    try to get the Haswell Z87 why are you going for z77 ? it is the same price and z77 are old ...
  3. Not really, Z77 Extreme4 is $135 vs $145 for Z87 Extreme4, and $190 vs $200 for i5-3570K and i5-4670K. You save $20, and OCed they're about as fast - Haswell doesn't OC very well.

    Still, newer tech has its advantages - they're just very small in this case.
  4. Someone Somewhere said:
    Not really, Z77 Extreme4 is $135 vs $145 for Z87 Extreme4, and $190 vs $200 for i5-3570K and i5-4670K. You save $20, and OCed they're about as fast - Haswell doesn't OC very well.

    Still, newer tech has its advantages - they're just very small in this case.


    yes really .. there are 30-50$ price discount combos on all z87 and haswell cpu when you buy them together.

    I know what I am talking about.
  5. IIRC those discounts also apply to Ivy.

    EDIT: Yup, it just knocked $30 off the Z77 Extreme4 when I added it to the cart with a 3570K.
  6. Someone Somewhere said:
    IIRC those discounts also apply to Ivy.

    EDIT: Yup, it just knocked $30 off the Z77 Extreme4 when I added it to the cart with a 3570K.


    link please :)
  7. SNA3 said:
    jcachola said:
    The case is:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119240

    and the mobo is: http://www.microcenter.com/product/387554/Z77_Extreme4_Socket_LGA_1155_Z77_ATX_Intel_Motherboard

    The case said its ATX PS2 / EPS 12V (optional ) and i have no clue what that means. I just need a clarification.


    Dont worry the case has nothing to do with it .. they are saying that there is an optional power supply that comes with it if you want.

    try to get the Haswell Z87 why are you going for z77 ? it is the same price and z77 are old ...


    thanks. but im still wondering what kind of PSU I can use for it. Can you show me just 1 possible power supply that i can use to power my PC with about 550 W?
  8. Best answer
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

    XFX Core Edition PRO550W (P1-550S-XXB9) 550W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

    JonnyGuru.com Recommended & KitGuru.com Award Winner


    $69.99


    or


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096

    SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply


    $64.99
  9. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

    XFX Core Edition PRO550W (P1-550S-XXB9) 550W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

    JonnyGuru.com Recommended & KitGuru.com Award Winner


    $69.99


    or


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096

    SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply


    $64.99



    would this work as well?

    http://microcenter.com/product/315117/BP550_Plus_550W_ATX_Modular_Power
  10. That costs more than the ones he linked for a slightly inferior product, but it should work fine.
  11. Someone Somewhere said:
    That costs more than the ones he linked for a slightly inferior product, but it should work fine.


    i'll probably buy the ones he suggested, i was just wondering. thank you
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components EPS Motherboards Cases Compatibility ATX