Solved

Wish 2 upgrade my CPU from Intel 2 AMD & MoBo also... Suggestions Needed...

I wish to upgrade my current Intel DH61WW MoBo to ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 & current CPU Core i3 2100 3.1GHz to AMD FX 8350... Will my change from Intel to AMD b worth it...? I consider AMD as its a cheap & best deal...

Current config ::
i3 2100 3.1GHz
Intel DH61WW MoBo
Geforce GTS450 2gb DDR3
(planning to upgrade into a GTX660 or HD7850 as per my budget)
Seasonic S12ii 520w PSU
CM HAF 912 Combat side panel window


Also suggest me which GPU i should chose from above mentioned... thank u...
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade cpu intel amd mobo suggestions needed
  1. You will definitely notice the difference. 8350 will overclock nicely, especially in a 990fx mobo.
    7850 vs 660 (non-ti?) Not any huge difference there. 7870 LE is the great bang-for-buck card, little more expensive.
    Might need a wee bit more psu.
    Use an aftermarket quality cpu cooler, especially if you want to clock the 8350 up a bit.
  2. exroofer said:
    You will definitely notice the difference. 8350 will overclock nicely, especially in a 990fx mobo.
    7850 vs 660 (non-ti?) Not any huge difference there. 7870 LE is the great bang-for-buck card, little more expensive.
    Might need a wee bit more psu.
    Use an aftermarket quality cpu cooler, especially if you want to clock the 8350 up a bit.

    yea... i'll definitely use a cooler, may b CM hyper 212 evo... but my budget is just upto that of 7850 or gtx660 non ti... so which would be a better performer supporting with this confign. ?
  3. Benchmarks seem to vary from game to game when comparing relatively even Radeon vs. Nvidia cards. Some games are more friendly to one, and other games to the other. A decent 7850 (one with a good cooling solution) can be clocked up a fair bit. Use caution overclocking video cards.
    There will not be a massive difference from one to the other, AMD never surrender bundle giving you free games may make a 7850 more attractive to you.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html


    Link to Tom's best video cards for the money. This is your friend...:)
    Sales and pricing in your local area will help make your decision. One thing I have found over the years, no matter what video card you buy, a better one will go on sale for less money next month. It's like a rule or something I guess......

    Hyper 212, can't go wrong there.

    I have always thought an all AMD build works better together, but benchmarks don't necessarily bear this out.
    Search this website for Tom's testing of both cards, and keep in mind one company's 660 or 7850 does not always perform the same as another company's.

    Power draw may matter if you are going to use the same psu.

    I can say that the Gigabyte windforce card I have is fantastic for running cool. (See what I did there?...:) )
    It won't go above 55c for me no matter what I do to it. Including running gpu stress tests while overclocked to 1150 core/1400 memory.
    Runs mid 40s C in normal gaming.
    That is in a very well ventilated case with 5 120mm case fans though. So if your choice is budget driven and the performance difference is very little, I would say go for the one with the best cooling for long life and trouble free operation for a few years.

    Various posters on the forums here seem to quote high-ish temps for the Nvidia cards, but maybe I'm just spoiled by one that runs very cool.
  4. exroofer said:
    Benchmarks seem to vary from game to game when comparing relatively even Radeon vs. Nvidia cards. Some games are more friendly to one, and other games to the other. A decent 7850 (one with a good cooling solution) can be clocked up a fair bit. Use caution overclocking video cards.
    There will not be a massive difference from one to the other, AMD never surrender bundle giving you free games may make a 7850 more attractive to you.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html


    Link to Tom's best video cards for the money. This is your friend...:)
    Sales and pricing in your local area will help make your decision. One thing I have found over the years, no matter what video card you buy, a better one will go on sale for less money next month. It's like a rule or something I guess......

    Hyper 212, can't go wrong there.

    I have always thought an all AMD build works better together, but benchmarks don't necessarily bear this out.
    Search this website for Tom's testing of both cards, and keep in mind one company's 660 or 7850 does not always perform the same as another company's.

    Power draw may matter if you are going to use the same psu.

    I can say that the Gigabyte windforce card I have is fantastic for running cool. (See what I did there?...:) )
    It won't go above 55c for me no matter what I do to it. Including running gpu stress tests while overclocked to 1150 core/1400 memory.
    Runs mid 40s C in normal gaming.
    That is in a very well ventilated case with 5 120mm case fans though. So if your choice is budget driven and the performance difference is very little, I would say go for the one with the best cooling for long life and trouble free operation for a few years.

    Various posters on the forums here seem to quote high-ish temps for the Nvidia cards, but maybe I'm just spoiled by one that runs very cool.


    There is no option for me 2 change PSU coz i've changed it recently and i luv the stuff... If i throw away it without utilising, then there is no use of which i bought that psu... I'v seen discussions that this 520w can handle any of the cards i've mentioned above smoothly... thats y i'm sticking it on...
  5. adilkm said:
    I wish to upgrade my current Intel DH61WW MoBo to ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 & current CPU Core i3 2100 3.1GHz to AMD FX 8350... Will my change from Intel to AMD b worth it...? I consider AMD as its a cheap & best deal...

    Current config ::
    i3 2100 3.1GHz
    Intel DH61WW MoBo
    Geforce GTS450 2gb DDR3
    (planning to upgrade into a GTX660 or HD7850 as per my budget)
    Seasonic S12ii 520w PSU
    CM HAF 912 Combat side panel window


    Also suggest me which GPU i should chose from above mentioned... thank u...


    FX6300

    MOTHERBOARDS:

    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
    ASUS M599X Evo R2.0
    MSI 990FX GD65
    Gigabyte 970XA UD3
    Gigabyte 990FXA UD3R

    The FX6300 with any of the highlighted boards will be a cheap but proficient gaming system
  6. Oh good call there. Which might free up some budget for one tier higher vid card at same total price.
  7. sarinaide said:
    adilkm said:
    I wish to upgrade my current Intel DH61WW MoBo to ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 & current CPU Core i3 2100 3.1GHz to AMD FX 8350... Will my change from Intel to AMD b worth it...? I consider AMD as its a cheap & best deal...

    Current config ::
    i3 2100 3.1GHz
    Intel DH61WW MoBo
    Geforce GTS450 2gb DDR3
    (planning to upgrade into a GTX660 or HD7850 as per my budget)
    Seasonic S12ii 520w PSU
    CM HAF 912 Combat side panel window


    Also suggest me which GPU i should chose from above mentioned... thank u...


    FX6300

    MOTHERBOARDS:

    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
    ASUS M599X Evo R2.0
    MSI 990FX GD65
    Gigabyte 970XA UD3
    Gigabyte 990FXA UD3R

    The FX6300 with any of the highlighted boards will be a cheap but proficient gaming system




    is 6300 gud enough while comparing with 8350 ??
  8. Pizzasgood said:

    is 6300 gud enough while comparing with 8350 ??


    the 6300 is a great processor. it can overclock well into the 4.6 ghz and up range (if you have a good motherboard). The only thing it will really lag behind the 8350 at the same clock speeds is heavily multi threaded applications and games that are optimized for 8 cores (there are no games optimized for 8 cores yet btw and i doubt that future games would be optimized for more than 6 cores anyway)

    The 6300 is a great cpu if you are going to try your hand at overclocking, if not than the 6350 is another great lower cost cpu.
  9. ethereal essence said:
    Pizzasgood said:

    is 6300 gud enough while comparing with 8350 ??


    the 6300 is a great processor. it can overclock well into the 4.6 ghz and up range (if you have a good motherboard). The only thing it will really lag behind the 8350 at the same clock speeds is heavily multi threaded applications and games that are optimized for 8 cores (there are no games optimized for 8 cores yet btw and i doubt that future games would be optimized for more than 6 cores anyway)

    The 6300 is a great cpu if you are going to try your hand at overclocking, if not than the 6350 is another great lower cost cpu.


    i also consider for a long future for my upgrading cpu or whatelse. Also i'm a gamer, so i dont want to update my hardware and stuff frequently. so for now if i chose fx 6300, will it be future perfect as future games may comsider more cores ??
  10. Best answer
    adilkm said:
    ethereal essence said:
    Pizzasgood said:

    is 6300 gud enough while comparing with 8350 ??


    the 6300 is a great processor. it can overclock well into the 4.6 ghz and up range (if you have a good motherboard). The only thing it will really lag behind the 8350 at the same clock speeds is heavily multi threaded applications and games that are optimized for 8 cores (there are no games optimized for 8 cores yet btw and i doubt that future games would be optimized for more than 6 cores anyway)

    The 6300 is a great cpu if you are going to try your hand at overclocking, if not than the 6350 is another great lower cost cpu.


    i also consider for a long future for my upgrading cpu or whatelse. Also i'm a gamer, so i dont want to update my hardware and stuff frequently. so for now if i chose fx 6300, will it be future perfect as future games may comsider more cores ??


    The console ports will definitely start utilizing more cores for sure. The industry overall is going to be making that move. You won't gain much (if anything at all) by going with an 8350 assuming you have both at the same clock speeds. The 6300 overclocked to 4.4-4.6 should do fine for a few years at least before starting to show its age. Both cpus should do just fine.
  11. Rule of thumb, the CPU offers the less benefit than the Graphics card for gaming purposes and the FX6300 is the intersect of perfomance, it should be more than enough to play any modern title provided the Graphics card is suitable for the title.
  12. but dont knw why my choice tends towards 8350. is there any better cpu than the 6300 which may make upto 8350 ??
  13. adilkm said:
    but dont knw why my choice tends towards 8350. is there any better cpu than the 6300 which may make upto 8350 ??

    The FX8320
  14. thnx all for ur great suggestions. I'm gonna pick the fx 8350 with any cheap and best mobo... thnx
  15. Why not just put a 2500 in your current board? Dump the ~$100 you would have spent on the amd board into a better GPU. This makes much more sense then what you are planning. H61 + 2500 + 760 is better then 8250 + 990 + 7850.
  16. U r wasting ur money by going amd. U can upgrade to 3550/2500 which will be better than 8350 for games.
    Toms placed 2100 and 8350 in same tier so think about it.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html

    660 is 15% better than 7850. U can also get 760 as u dont have to buy moboard for ur cpu upgrade

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_760/27.html
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD Intel