Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

AMD FX 8350 vs intel's equivalent processor

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 29, 2013 4:06:01 AM

i am not much aware about amd processors and their equivalents of intel too..
i want to know about this processor..
like comparison with an intel processor of its equivalent performance..
is it good for gaming stuff and all?
Related resources

Best solution

a c 94 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 29, 2013 4:18:03 AM

Hmm what I can say is the FX8350's performance when overclocked is increased. At stock speed it beats some i7's, i5's and almost all i3's. It is the Current AMD processor in terms of performance and gaming and for the price you pay it really is a value for money processor. However Intel (in terms of performance) still out smart AMD, lets just wait until the release of the 9 series CPU's from AMD.

This is a benchamark between the FX8350 and very close i5 3570k
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-vs-AMD-FX-8...
Share
July 29, 2013 4:19:11 AM

Azrael47 said:
Hmm what I can say is the FX8350's performance when overclocked is increased. At stock speed it beats some i7's, i5's and almost all i3's. It is the Current AMD processor in terms of performance and gaming and for the price you pay it really is a value for money processor. However Intel (in terms of performance) still out smart AMD, lets just wait until the release of the 9 series CPU's from AMD.

This is a benchamark between the FX8350 and very close i5 3570k
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3570K-vs-AMD-FX-8...


thank you sir for explaining it to me :) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
July 29, 2013 4:54:42 AM

mason_david said:
i am not much aware about amd processors and their equivalents of intel too..
i want to know about this processor..
like comparison with an intel processor of its equivalent performance..
is it good for gaming stuff and all?


mason_david,

I would say that the nearest Intel equivalent is the i7-3820 >

AMD FX-8350 > 4.0/ 4.2GHz , 8MB cache, 8 cores / 8 threads, 37GB/s bandwidth, No integrated graphics >130W> Passmark rating No. 40, CPU= 9125 >about $200

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/amdfx...

Intel i7-3820 > 3.6 / 3.8GHz, LGA2011 , 10MB cache, 4 cores / 8 threads (hyperthreading), 51.2 GB/s bandwidth, No integrated graphics > 125W > Passmark rating No. 44, CPU= 9020 > about $290

http://ark.intel.com/products/63698

The Passmark performance is taken from (some kind of weighted?) average of tests of systems and shows the FX-8350 doing about 2% better than the i7-3820. As you can see, the 8350 has a higher clock speed- which may be additionally overclocked and costs $200, and the i7, apparently easily overclocked to 4.3GHz, has more cache, uses a bit less power, and costs $290, about 45% more. On a cost / performance basis, the FX 8350 has a much better ratio > 47.04, as compared to the i7 3820 at 31.23.

I've never used either of these CPU's, but have read of the use of both of these in gaming as they both have among the higher clock speeds which is more important in games than core count. Based on this information, if absolute economy is not the priority (45% price difference)- which strongly favors the 8350, I would choose the i7-3820, overclockable to the 8350 figures, with more cache, wider memory bandwidth, and most of all, the performance and features possible on LGA 2011 motherboards, allowing the possibility of upgrade to some of the highest performance CPU's such as the i7-3960X.

Cheers,

BambiBoom

m
0
l
August 2, 2013 12:57:31 PM

bambiboom said:
mason_david said:
i am not much aware about amd processors and their equivalents of intel too..
i want to know about this processor..
like comparison with an intel processor of its equivalent performance..
is it good for gaming stuff and all?


mason_david,

I would say that the nearest Intel equivalent is the i7-3820 >

AMD FX-8350 > 4.0/ 4.2GHz , 8MB cache, 8 cores / 8 threads, 37GB/s bandwidth, No integrated graphics >130W> Passmark rating No. 40, CPU= 9125 >about $200

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/amdfx...

Intel i7-3820 > 3.6 / 3.8GHz, LGA2011 , 10MB cache, 4 cores / 8 threads (hyperthreading), 51.2 GB/s bandwidth, No integrated graphics > 125W > Passmark rating No. 44, CPU= 9020 > about $290

http://ark.intel.com/products/63698

The Passmark performance is taken from (some kind of weighted?) average of tests of systems and shows the FX-8350 doing about 2% better than the i7-3820. As you can see, the 8350 has a higher clock speed- which may be additionally overclocked and costs $200, and the i7, apparently easily overclocked to 4.3GHz, has more cache, uses a bit less power, and costs $290, about 45% more. On a cost / performance basis, the FX 8350 has a much better ratio > 47.04, as compared to the i7 3820 at 31.23.

I've never used either of these CPU's, but have read of the use of both of these in gaming as they both have among the higher clock speeds which is more important in games than core count. Based on this information, if absolute economy is not the priority (45% price difference)- which strongly favors the 8350, I would choose the i7-3820, overclockable to the 8350 figures, with more cache, wider memory bandwidth, and most of all, the performance and features possible on LGA 2011 motherboards, allowing the possibility of upgrade to some of the highest performance CPU's such as the i7-3960X.

Cheers,

BambiBoom



thank you sir
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b å Intel
a c 114 À AMD
September 22, 2013 9:09:50 PM

When you ask for an equivalent, AMD tends to win both ways. It outperforms an Intel chip that costs the same and costs less than an Intel chip that performs the same. This is why I heavily favour AMD. ATi graphics vs nVidia graphics tends to play out the same way too. The Radeon will outperform the GeForce that costs the same and costs less than the GeForce that performs the same. Until that changes, I will always have AMD processors and ATi video cards.
m
1
l
a c 89 à CPUs
a b À AMD
September 23, 2013 2:06:14 AM

Avro Arrow said:
When you ask for an equivalent, AMD tends to win both ways. It outperforms an Intel chip that costs the same and costs less than an Intel chip that performs the same. This is why I heavily favour AMD. ATi graphics vs nVidia graphics tends to play out the same way too. The Radeon will outperform the GeForce that costs the same and costs less than the GeForce that performs the same. Until that changes, I will always have AMD processors and ATi video cards.


i disagree with this completely, i have swapped between intel/amd in the past, depends on the price point/deals going at the time. amd have nothing to compete with intels upper end cpu's, so they charge what they like.
m
0
l
!