Solved

Upgrade my E210882 LGA 775 CPU

I have a intel D915PBL E210882 LGA775 motherboard with a pentium 4 550 3.4Ghz 32-bit proccessor and i wish to upgrade to a 64 bit one that is fast for around $50. Maybe quadcore? I also have 4 GB of ram for gaming. Thank You
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrade e210882 lga 775 cpu
  1. Best answer
    There is no possibility that u can have even a dual core u can check this in this link
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915pbl/sb/CS-026952.htm

    U ll need a total upgrade
  2. I'm afraid you're out of luck with that old board. Here is the Intel CPU support list for that MB:
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915pbl/sb/CS-026952.htm

    None of those are even produced anymore. Although you may find one on ebay.
  3. Sn1992-1361850 said:
    There is no possibility that u can have even a dual core u can check this in this link
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915pbl/sb/CS-026952.htm

    U ll need a total upgrade


    Im confused why cant any LGA775 chip work?
  4. Salsathe4th said:
    Sn1992-1361850 said:
    There is no possibility that u can have even a dual core u can check this in this link
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915pbl/sb/CS-026952.htm

    U ll need a total upgrade


    Im confused why cant any LGA775 chip work?



    due to power requirements, memory speeds and configurations and other things it just doesn't work like that unfortunately.
  5. Salsathe4th said:
    Sn1992-1361850 said:
    There is no possibility that u can have even a dual core u can check this in this link
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915pbl/sb/CS-026952.htm

    U ll need a total upgrade


    Im confused why cant any LGA775 chip work?

    That chipset/motherboard doesn't support multi-core processors. It was too early.
  6. Motherboards are compatible to a processor when fullfilling 2 conditions
    1.socket is the same of both mobo and cpu
    2.the processor should have a tdp lower or equal to the motherboards max tdp
    Tdp is the power consumption
  7. Sn1992-1361850 said:
    Motherboards are compatible to a processor when fullfilling 2 conditions
    1.socket is the same of both mobo and cpu
    2.the processor should have a tdp lower or equal to the motherboards max tdp
    Tdp is the power consumption


    this is what i have http://ark.intel.com/products/27469

    and this has a lower tdp, same bus speed and same socket. Would this work?
    http://ark.intel.com/products/42801/Intel-Pentium-Processor-E5700-2M-Cache-3_00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB
  8. It is not on the supported CPU list for that motherboard. As sn1992 pointed out:
    http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d915pbl/sb/CS-026952.htm
    You use it at your own risk. I doubt the board's chip set would even know what to do with a multi-core processor... not to mention the BIOS even recognizing it.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs